Ironclad Progressive Carbine Class

alnen

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
231   0
Reaction score
This was not my first class with Ironclad but I still learned so much and had a ton of fun. Rob is a solid dude and knows his stuff very well. The price is definitely right for the quality of training you get and I will definitely be back! This class in particular assumes that you have a basic working knowledge of the ar platform and pushes you from that point. He also offers a beginner's class that is a prerequisite to this class.

Rob started off by reviewing the fundamentals and giving an overview of the class. This was fairly brief and to the point, then we moved outside from the classroom for the fun stuff.

I won't go into detail about the program but I will say that it is very active and a great change of pace from shooting paper from a static position. There was allot of steel shooting action and you get to know your limits as well as your gun's.

I brought 500 rounds and used it all (save about 3 straggler rounds). In the future, Rob said that he will probably recommend that as a minimum and you can bring more to use and drill with if you so desire. Make sure to bring water and sunblock, today was not too hot but the warmer months are coming.

I'd highly recommend taking a class with Ironclad, you will not be disappointed. His pistol class is also great, and there are some more advanced pistol and carbine classes in the works.

I need to get out there, where does he teach out of? Or is it a personal range?

Need to get me and my wife out in a class one Sunday (only day we are both off) if he has one. Especially since billieco billieco talks so highly of him!

Need to get me and my wife out in a class one Sunday (only day we are both off) if he has one. Especially since billieco billieco talks so highly of him!
Yeah man Rob is a great dude! He has a private range and classroom. You should go for sure.

He has a personal range that allows you to take up to 75 yard shots. He also has a classroom right next to the range. It's a very nice setup and lets you train like you can't at other ranges.

I'm not sure if he has any Sunday classes or not, but even if not it would be worth it to work things out to get you in a class on another day.

Just trying to talk the boss into going with me, that is the tough part. She has a tough time spending $175 each on a class, but wants to buy a $400 KitchenAid mixer...:tape:
The class is worth it man. All day. High round count and you will learn something.
Even if you have been shooting forever. Buy her the mixer and go to the class.

The class is worth it man. All day. High round count and you will learn something.
Even if you have been shooting forever. Buy her the mixer and go to the class.
I want to get us both in the Beginner Pistol first, then I'll take a carbine class if I am operator enough.

TacticalJeebus TacticalJeebus I took the beginner carbine class with Rob. It was a great class. I think the best part was I was the only one signed up that day so it was a one on one learning experience.

Nice private range to shoot at and run drills. I would like to take the progressive class one day.

By the way I have a blue kitchenaid mixer if interested. My wife never uses it.

Back
Top Bottom