• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is 9mm range ammo now $.40 a round?

I understand that they may have built in some short term contingencies, but to be abandoned forever? Do they really plan for long term post apocalyptic scenarios when they design those?

Dunno man, I'm a carpenter. Just speakin what I read.

Typical ODT thread starts out ammo price rant, morphs into nuke plant meltdown scenarios.
4B1B35CC-685B-4B78-A31C-69EA6C04D21D.jpeg

Back on task, yes OP, I am seeing the same thing. I hang out at my local range when I get bored. They can only get GA arms reloads and sell 50 for 20 bucks. I talk with the owner and they are going through over 1k a day between range sales and over the counter, with a 100 round max for non members. It's getting harder and harder to get. I told him I'd up the price. We have been getting a deal on ammo for a long time and its come to an end, at least temporarily. I was looking through my orders on SG yesterday. I think those prices are gone for good.

But....I'll add, if this all blows over after the election, there will be some deals to be had in private sale of the pew food.

But....I'll add, if this all blows over after the election, there will be some deals to be had in private sale of the pew food.

It will take longer than the election. Winchester has a year of back ordered ammunition at current production rates. This shortage unlike most the previous lat 12 years also affected the supply side since this caused plant stoppages and reductions in production. This will take a bit to recover from. I hope it blows over fast but it has 3 more months to go before leveling off if Biden does not win. If Biden wins all bets are off. The Covid-19 followed by riots and violence and then go to the election. There is no secret warehouse with millions of rounds of ammo thanks to years of college business schools teaching Just In Time inventory controls as the way to stay lean. Lean means no safety margin for a panic. Look at toilet paper and groceries.

Just checked a bunch of internet sales sites. Either OOS, or 70 CPR and up. 1.00 per round for ccw ammo.

When does the neckbearding start?

It will take longer than the election. Winchester has a year of back ordered ammunition at current production rates. This shortage unlike most the previous lat 12 years also affected the supply side since this caused plant stoppages and reductions in production. This will take a bit to recover from. I hope it blows over fast but it has 3 more months to go before leveling off if Biden does not win. If Biden wins all bets are off. The Covid-19 followed by riots and violence and then go to the election. There is no secret warehouse with millions of rounds of ammo thanks to years of college business schools teaching Just In Time inventory controls as the way to stay lean. Lean means no safety margin for a panic. Look at toilet paper and groceries.

What I said had nothing to do with commercial availability. If the sickness and riots quell and the imcumbant President stays, people that panic bought will feel they no longer need what they bought and unload it, just like every other post-crisis time period.

Back
Top Bottom