• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Is anyone on here a certified HAZMAT shipper ?

PA4476

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
168   0
Reaction score
I have 8 pounds of powder I wanted to ship to my brother in Montana. UPS states you have to be a certified hazmat shipper to ship gun powder. Thought I'd see if anyone local has the credentials.

I know I could just tell em it's something else, and probably get away with it... But not worth the chance to me.

Thanks

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/ship/hazardous/responsible/index.html

I heard there was this guy down in Miami that was an expert on shipping powder. Tony Dakota? Or maybe it was Tony Wyoming? Something like that anyway.

UPS, FedEX, DHL, they all are haz shippers, UPS ground is usually the cheapest and least hassle. Are they telling you that they wont do it?

Last edited:
UPS, FedEX, DHL, they all are haz shippers, UPS ground is usually the cheapest and least hassle. Are they telling you that they wont do it?

UPS will ship powder BUT, the person shipping it has to be a certified HAZMAT shipper, They have to have been through a HAZMAT shipping training session and have the proper paperwork. To ship gun powder from person to person, the one that is shipping it has to be certified. I am not, that's what I am asking for, if anyone here IS a certified HAZMAT shipper.

UPS will ship powder BUT, the person shipping it has to be a certified HAZMAT shipper, They have to have been through a HAZMAT shipping training session and have the proper paperwork. To ship gun powder from person to person, the one that is shipping it has to be certified. I am not, that's what I am asking for, if anyone here IS a certified HAZMAT shipper.

According to the UPS website you can call them on instruction on how to pack the box to comply with DOT and the other regulations. I don't recall reading anything that say you individually have to be certified only that the package must meet the certification requirements. Give UPS a call and find out. 1-800-554-9964

According to the UPS website you can call them on instruction on how to pack the box to comply with DOT and the other regulations. I don't recall reading anything that say you individually have to be certified only that the package must meet the certification requirements. Give UPS a call and find out. 1-800-554-9964

Already done that. You have to go through a 4 hour training session and pay $150 for the class to become certified.

I am simply asking if there is a certified HAZMAT shipper here that can help me out. Someone who already has been through the training. thats all I am asking, I already been through all this with UPS. This is the way you have to do it.

Already done that. You have to go through a 4 hour training session and pay $150 for the class to become certified.

I am simply asking if there is a certified HAZMAT shipper here that can help me out. Someone who already has been through the training. thats all I am asking, I already been through all this with UPS. This is the way you have to do it.

Dang that is terrible. I am surprised UPS could not help you out with someone that does this service? I hope you find someone.

It's not a big deal to me. But my brother in Montana can't find any powder local or in stock to load his 500 S&W with. I bought 8 pounds from a member on here last week, guess I'll wait till he comes to visit and he can drive it back home. I may see if there is a local chemical Co close by, maybe they can help.

Back
Top Bottom