• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is Del-Ton a good entry level AR?

Mtber1172

Default rank <5000 posts
ODT Junkie!
Banned Permanently
13   0
Reaction score
Christmas bonus at work isn't going to be as chunky as last year, so only gonna have about $ 800 to spend. I know absosmurfly zilch about AR's, so looking for advice on a decent entry level one for around that price.

Thanks for any input you guys may have.

Last edited:
I've had a couple of Del-Ton uppers. No issues with them at all. I think the last one I had was a chrome lined middy with a heavy barrel. It shot and functioned very well.

Get the del-ton, and get a vortex red dot sight, and magpul back-up Iron sight... Your pretty much done, BTW, try diffrent ammo and grain weights thru the gun, 55gr and 62gr brass should run well, ( and use that stuff to break in the gun BTW.) then try 69gr, most 1 in 9 barrels really like the 69 grain stuff. Then try running wolf steel, and everything else under the sun and see what she likes. (this is assuming your buying a M4 16' bbl gun.)

you can get a lot of AR on here for around $800 if you stay on the threads for a few days and haggle a little. Delton would be fine but why not see what you can do?

good for you getting a bonus this year! fingers crossed here but not sure that the jelly of the month club wont be all i will see. at least i didnt sign a contract on a swimming pool and cross my fingers.

Yes you Glock Fanboy the delton is a good AR . Colts are excellent as are M&Ps and the Sig M400 is a very good value if you want to get one from wally world.

Back
Top Bottom