• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Is it armadillo rut season?

Are the dillas in rut or something? I’ve seen more dead dillers out near rockmart than I ever saw back when I lived in Texas. I’m hoping they don’t find their way up to my land, but if they do, I guess it will provide some good shooting practice for my sons. Anyone else notice the same? Anyone know what’s going on? Do we have any resident ODT armadillo scientists?

I have observed the same

They are originally native to South America, migrated over 100's of years thru central America up into Texas and then over to us. They have no natural predator in this area of the world. Nothing really is interested in eating them. The meat isn't good. They screw up farm land and are a general nuisance. I look at them the same way as I look at Kudzu or Wisteria plants.

I don't think the folks in Florida or South Georgia tried to run them over, like us folks above the gnat line.
I stopped one day when I spotted one toting beside the road, grabbed a 2x2x3' porch rail spindle out of the back of the truck and beat it to death. I hate armadillos.
We used to drink beer and have dillo tossing contest.I better change that to Armadillo before you guy's get ahold of it. The little bastards can't see but can smell. They sit up on their hind legs trying to smell you. You sneak up behind them ,grab them by the tail and toss them over your shoulder as far as you can. The one that tosses them the farthest wins and the losser has to chug a beer.

We used to drink beer and have dillo tossing contest.I better change that to Armadillo before you guy's get ahold of it. The little bastards can't see but can smell. They sit up on their hind legs trying to smell you. You sneak up behind them ,grab them by the tail and toss them over your shoulder as far as you can. The one that tosses them the farthest wins and the losser has to chug a beer.
If thats not the most redneck thing I've ever read, I don't know what is

Or knock your exhaust off!

My friends used to razz me about turtles

Years ago I had a lowered 78 gold trans am and hit a large turtle and knocked the exhaust off

And then a few months later hit another one that somehow went halfway thru the sidewall of the rear tire ,

Few
Months later I also hit a signpost sliding sideways on the shoulder about 70 mph but no turtles were involved

Back
Top Bottom