Is it legal to carry on MARTA?

Oh yes, it's the only way I ever get on Marta. If I could only find a good concealed carry for the PLR16 I wouldn't be just another guy with a Glock.

Last edited:
The crapy part is a lot of places you use marta for: school, events, airports, either don't allow you to carry by law or have metal detectors and will deny entry. And there is no place to store the weapon, thanks to terrorists for needing to remove lockers in public places.

see that's the unique thing about GSU.....the campus is downtown....so what is considered school grounds? b/c i know a bunch of people who get mugged while on their way from the rec center to the dorms...

It's good to know your state laws, because even if marta said you couldn't (they don't if you have permit), in the case of georgia, it wouldn't matter if marta said no, because state law allows you to with a permit and no business or city can trump state law that has a provision to prevent it, which georgia has. The only thing a business can do is ask you to leave.

Actually State Law used to say you couldn't carry there, BUT thanks to GeorgiaCarry.Org's support of HB89 in 2008 MARTA is now no longer off-limits.

The only time I use Marta is to and from the Falcons games.
I feel pretty safe being with 3-4 ppl. all jacked up for the game, not to mention the hundreds of others. I would carry anyway but you can't go in the dome with it and I don't wanna leave it with the dude standing outside sellin tshirts.

Back
Top Bottom