• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is it legal to carry on MARTA?

tpgh2k

Default rank <300 posts Supporter
Tracker
10   0
Reaction score
i tried searching for this but there's just so much to go through....no threads with the same title....

there's a lot of crap that happens on there and downtown ATL. being a GA state student, it sucks that i can't carry there. i know the law and respect the thoughts behind it. but i'm just wondering about the MARTA part right now.

thanks again guys.

There is actually a sign posted in each train car that says that it's illegal to carry weapons and then under it in fine print it says something like unless you have a proper permit or license or something.

There is one important distinction though .... the way that I read the regs if you're not a permit holder it's 100% illegal to transport a gun on marta even if it's in a locked case as luggage headed to the airport.

Carry Concealed. Even with all the lawsuits MARTA Police still have issues with weapons on their transit. Even licensed weapons holders. Unless you want to make a name for yourself, just carry concealed.

It's good to know your state laws, because even if marta said you couldn't (they don't if you have permit), in the case of georgia, it wouldn't matter if marta said no, because state law allows you to with a permit and no business or city can trump state law that has a provision to prevent it, which georgia has. The only thing a business can do is ask you to leave.

yes and do carry

i imagine getting stabbed isnt fun, i havent been stabbed yet, but that might be directly correlated with carrying a firearm to

not sure how the math works, but i think its

carry gun on marta= no stabby stabby

Back
Top Bottom