Is it safe to leave gun in hot car?

Atlanta is hot in the summer but it gets damn hot in the sandbox. Weapons and ammo function fine in the heat. As long as you clean the weapon regularly and keep an eye out for oxidation, it will function when you need it.

No problem at all..spent 30 years as LEO our cars were always full of ammo, firearms, road flares, tear gas grenades etc...if you are leaving them in the car while you shop or something that takes you away from the vehicle (out of site, put em in the trunk, they'll be fine more secure and actually a little cooler than passenger compartment without the magnifying heat from windshield and windows.
You'll be fine.

Never had a problem with heat/ammo/weapons. I doubt anywhere here in the US besides Death Valley can compare.

[Broken External Image]:

My point was it is not safe to leave a gun in an unattended car. I dont care how hot the inside of the car gets, but leaving a gun in a car is asking for it to be stolen in my opinion.

My point was it is not safe to leave a gun in an unattended car. I dont care how hot the inside of the car gets, but leaving a gun in a car is asking for it to be stolen in my opinion.

Then you need to start a new thread on that. This thread is about HEAT in vehicles and how it may affect weapons or ammo.

Back
Top Bottom