• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is it worth them horns?

You sound like the Karen in the video. When I was a teenager in Clayton County we hunted the power lines in our neighborhood. No big deal. These kids look like they were just tracking a deer. Of course you shouldn't trespass but the story doesn't really say if they were trespassing or not.

You sound like the Karen in the video. When I was a teenager in Clayton County we hunted the power lines in our neighborhood. No big deal. These kids look like they were just tracking a deer. Of course you shouldn't trespass but the story doesn't really say if they were trespassing or not.
Me? How many times have you walked across a field at 5am and had a truck pull up, shine the field and start firing? How many times have high powered rifles been used in your neighborhood, close to perimeter mall, to shoot deer from the road in peoples yards? Yup, no issues around here.........no morons hunting illegally or trespassing, all is fine.

A buddy has a system I think I will use if and when the time comes - when he gets the call a deer was tracked to his property he goes and finds it, and if he finds it and the shot was poor he keeps the deer and donates the meat. If the shot was good he allows the hunter to retrieve the deer and he help move it. He has had both experiences - good shots and poor shots. He has donated some good meat.
The man can do whatever he wants on his property, but realize there can be small branches invisible through a scope or peep sight that can deflect a shot otherwise on target. It happens often, especially in archery.

Personally, if someone has permission to legally hunt a property and their wounded game crosses my property line, I will stay up all night with them to assist with recovery. It gets me excited for people when they connect, and I feel for them when they cannot recover.

Back
Top Bottom