Is the .35 Remington dead?

With all the .35 caliber attention going to the 350 legend, I’m led to ask..Is the .35 Remington a dead caliber? Shells are $3 each if you can find them. More if you’ve got to have them and pay pandemic prices.
I‘m aware that some northern states now allow rifle hunting with straight wall cartridges. (350 legend)
Many of today’s offerings like Henry single shot or lever gun and Ruger American bolt guns in .35 Remington would be a welcome addition to many riflemans gun battery.
I started hunting with the tried and trued Marlin 336 in .35 Remington and hate to see its demise.
35 remmy is a great caliber. I don't own one but I wouldn't kick one out of bed. ;)

It's not going away in our lifetimes. Hard to get during an ammo shortage where bullets may be going to an up and coming caliber. I suspect, a year from now, it will be as available as it ever was. If it worries you, buy extra when the shelves are full, or buy some dies, bullets, appropriate primers and powder when reloading supplies are easier to come by.

Gots to have the latest fad magnum caliber. ‘Cause, you know, cool kids and all.

This is the problem with capitalism's motto about building a better mousetrap and having the world come beating a path to your door.

Some perfectly good and very affordable mousetraps get cast aside and taken off the market because everybody's clamoring for the newest coolest thing-- which may not have any practical benefit over the old thing.

I feel the same way about 16 gauge shot guns & shells.

Why has this gauge died out? It used to be very popular -- splitting the difference between a 12 and a 20 gauge.

It seems the desire to have certain caliber rifles died when the quality of the rifles went away when Freedom group took control and started producing poor quality firearms.

Back
Top Bottom