• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is this 100% Correct

Thanks you for your input.

If you could see the stock up-close and in person, there is no sign that it has been sanded.

No pictures of the bore is just an over-sight on my part.

As I understand, CMP never used the term " Correct Grade". CMP uses "Collector Grade" for an original parts rifle. I got his rifle from a collector 20 years ago and have only replace the clip latch spring. Could other parts have been replaced? It's very likely. Have all the parts been replaced? Very un-likely.

75 year old barrel is what it is. This is not being promoted as a a benchrest rifle.

Art

I understand, just commenting on what I saw.

A "collector" 20 years ago is nice but carries no weight, it still looks like a Finley stock, and he was real active 20 years ago here.

Not saying you should or shouldn't use it but, CMP has both Correct Grade and Collector grade listed on their M1 Garand page.

CORRECT GRADE: (VERY GOOD TO EXCELLENT)
Correct Grade Rifles are similar to the Service Grade (above), but will show less wear and use. Correct Grade rifles will have all correct parts for the date of manufacture with 80% or better overall original metal finish. The stock and handguards will be of walnut and correct for the rifle but will have some dings, dents, scratches and marring of the wood finish. Stocks will have the appropriate original inspector's cartouche. The rifle bore will be very good with no significant defects and with a throat erosion of less than 4 and a muzzle wear of 2 or less. Very good to excellent condition. This grade is rare and is only available occasionally in limited quantities. Because of the scarcity of these rifles, they will only be sold on the CMP
auction site at cmpauction.thecmp.org.

Thank you. I did not know that. Pretty much describes the condition of my rifle.

I understand, just commenting on what I saw.

A "collector" 20 years ago is nice but carries no weight, it still looks like a Finley stock, and he was real active 20 years ago here.

I understand that "from a collector 20 years ago" has no bearing on the rifle, but it explains how I came into possession of it.

Do not know who Finley is and do not care. I am 100% comfortable that this stock is correct and not messed with. I have offered a 3 day inspection period to the potential buyer because I would never risk my reputation and honor.

Back
Top Bottom