• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is this 100% Correct

artd

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
67   0
Reaction score
I listed my 1943 M1 Garand on a auction site for sale as 100% correct. Does my worksheet support my claim?

JmsksD7.jpg

VNO4NbV.jpg

TfjdNyI.jpg

sgR0ISo.jpg

cZ3FSDd.jpg

Aren't the makers mark stamped on a number of parts, or am I just missing them in the list ?

What I see you have listed looks OK but remember WWII solders would swap parts as they cleaned these in the Camps and if a part was bad the armorer would replace parts too.
And of course these went through Several Rebuilds and may have just passed as is (that does happen but not common).
Could this be a 100% Rifle used from 1943, Yes the parts seem right.
Could this be a rifle as issued 60% to 40% chance of that Based on your parts list.
All of the parts would have to have the same Patina and same ware on them and until someone can put eyes on the actual rifle I could not say.

P.S. you posted this on the interweb so be ready for some Honest Answers that you may not like.

@WFO62

What I see you have listed looks OK but remember WWII solders would swap parts as they cleaned these in the Camps and if a part was bad the armorer would replace parts too.
And of course these went through Several Rebuilds and may have just passed as is (that does happen but not common).
Could this be a 100% Rifle used from 1943, Yes the parts seem right.
Could this be a rifle as issued 60% to 40% chance of that Based on your parts list.
All of the parts would have to have the same Patina and same ware on them and until someone can put eyes on the actual rifle I could not say.

P.S. you posted this on the interweb so be ready for some Honest Answers that you may not like.

@WFO62
I agree with your commend, however, I do not consider correct to be original or collector grade. I am promoting this rifle as correct configuration for the time / era it was manufactured.

Back
Top Bottom