• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Is this cheating? Auto-tracking scope.

awjohnson2

Default rank <1250 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
30   0
Reaction score
I would imagine this would only be used for actual tactical situations i.e. sniper ops. HOPEFULLY it wouldn't be used for hunting. I think it would take a HUGE amount of fun and skill out of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, they said the same thing about scopes when they first came out, yeah, that's cheating over iron sights. They probably said it about the first rifles over smooth bore muskets. They said it about firearms over crossbows. They said it about crossbows over longbows. They said it about longbows over lances or whatever. And so on right back to the first guy who ever picked up a rock and busted a rival caveman over the head...that was cheating over using bare hands, lol.

I think it's kinda cool. Yes, it obviously takes some of the skill out of it, but oh well, that's what technology does for us. There will always be purists and people that just like it old fashioned, just like there are bow hunters, black powder, and even spear hunters still running around the woods today.

soooo.... you press a button when you get on target? and then when you line it back up, it fires? is that right????

Yeah seems silly to have to tag Ans then shoot, but oh well. Doubt any hunters would ever be able to afford this. Hell, while were at it, will use that integrated scope they have that can tell the velocity of a fart a mile away and how it will affect your trajectory. :)

Back
Top Bottom