• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is this really where we are going? Redistribution....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldnt get worked up over a blog post.

The simple fact is that we as a nation are broke, so taxes are going to HAVE to go up, for everybody. There's going to be a lot of yelling, kicking and screaming, and the "children" are going to have to be protected, but at the end of the day, its gotta go up.

Ah, the new generation of thinking. Dead wrong. We need to quit spending more than we have to spend. We need to quit nation building and social engineering. We need to take responsibility and take care of our own needs and quit relying on the government to provide for us if we fail. We need to go back to relying on the family and local community for times when we find ourselves in need. And last but not least, repeal all laws, including income tax, and then use the Ten Commandments as our guiding light through life........................then use George Carlin's analogy to condense them down to just two. You are welcome.

Last edited:
Ah, the new generation of thinking. Dead wrong. We need to quit spending more than we have to spend. We need to quit nation building and social engineering. We need to take responsibility and take care of our own needs and quit relying on the gov
I'll take your statement one step farther... What you spend must be less than what you make in order to operate. Why can't the Gov't live by that? If they did they would just take more in to cover what goes out instead of limiting expenses. But I think we need the $12 million sidewalk to nowhere in a town of 1200 people. Money well spent?!?

We as individuals pay more in taxes than we do in housing, food and clothing combined.. There's a serious problem and it will not get better. I'd vote for the same percentage no matter what you make. That's more than fair. You want to better yourself? Work for a better situation. *rant over

We as individuals pay more in taxes than we do in housing, food and clothing combined.. There's a serious problem and it will not get better. I'd vote for the same percentage no matter what you make. That's more than fair. You want to better yourself? Work for a better situation. *rant over
That has to be true, because my wife and I only bring home about 56% of our paycheck and then pay more taxes for sales tax, property taxes and various other taxes.

I wouldnt get worked up over a blog post.

The simple fact is that we as a nation are broke, so taxes are going to HAVE to go up, for everybody. There's going to be a lot of yelling, kicking and screaming, and the "children" are going to have to be protected, but at the end of the day, its gotta go up.

3 trillion in tax revenue annually...up a large amount from 10 years ago. Nooooo....I don't think we need to pay more taxes, i think the oligarchy needs to SPEND LESS OF OUR MONEY on stupid stuff. Financial aide for enemy nation building, black budgets, paperwork and to SHRINK the general size of government (America has MORE federal workers than the next 10 nations combined).

No, taxes don't HAVE to go up, but people love "free" stuff on teh back of the working man, and people LOVE to think that more money and spending can solve a problem, it cannot and does not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom