• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Is trading the way to go.

With the recent increase of prices I am trying to decide if trading is the way to go. For instance I have a WASR AK that I wouldnt feel comfortable listing for some of the prices I have seen lately. Then again if I were to sell it to buy something else I would have to pay recent prices for it. I guess if its something I dont use and am in no hurry maybe I should list it for a specific trade. That way both feel like we got what we want. I have never traded but is seeming like a more valid option as of late.

I think trading is the best way to go. As long as you're in a position to wait for your EXACT trade. If I see someone with a TRADE ONLY item I'm interested in, I typically ask if they have a cash price in mind ... IN PM ... which I prefer instead of offering a ridiculously low ball offer. I personally don't have much to offer in the way of trades, so it's tough for me to work those deals.

The nifty thing about trading is there is no absolute dollar value. I've traded up and traded down but if both parties walk away happy - it was a good trade...

I prefer to trade... just at the moment, I really want to keep the couple guns I have.

I used to keep some trade fodder around just in case I saw something interesting pop up. Got rid of all that stuff and just kept the few I really liked. Although I'm kind of tempted to list my GSG and see what kind of offers I get. Problem is, it's a lot of fun to shoot!

I would be embarrassed to advertise a cash price for my WASR AK under current market conditions. However, I might consider an even swap for a nice, clean, low mileage Corvette if the Corvette was the right color. :rolleyes:

I would be embarrassed to advertise a cash price for my WASR AK under current market conditions. However, I might consider an even swap for a nice, clean, low mileage Corvette if the Corvette was the right color. :rolleyes:
Im not picky about color. Im not trying to undercut your offer but I am the original poster. :P

Trading is the way to go for sure! I have always enjoyed trading, but now more than ever it is the only way to keep values relatively fair. But to keep it fair in today's market, I guess you have to have something that also appreciated in value. Although, I admit that "fairness" is rather subjective. If both traders are happy then that is a good trade. But for me to have a happy trade experience, I usually prefer that I receive a fair value. For example, I would love to trade for a S&W shield, but I sure as hell am not going to trade away my desert eagle for one.

Back
Top Bottom