• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

It doesn't get better than OLD classic country music & ODT

This is not the best country song I ever heard; but it is the first one I liked enough to learn the words and sing along. I was six years old and in the first grade at Grand Bay, AL. The year was 1943.

106.1 WNGC plays the classic country tunes every Saturday night around here. I've got a radio in the kitchen that we sit around and listen to them on. If I happen to forget, @GlockGirl always reminds me if she's here. LOL

It takes me back to when I was a kid sitting in my granny's kitchen. She always had a radio tuned into a country station playing while she was cooking.

One of my all time favorites....

I'll add Harper Valley PTA by Jennie C. Reilly, both great classics.

Saw a documentary on THE POSSUM.....when he recorded HE STOPPED LOVING HER TODAY...his manager said George thought the song would be a bust.....said George walked out of the sound booth and said....WONT NOBODY BUY THAT MORBID SON OF A .....!
Lol.....he made more money on that one song than he did all the rest combined together

I quit listening to Rock and Roll when they started singing with their shirts off. Went to country. I love the country music of the 70s and 80s, have little use for the noise they put out now. I do appreciate the present country singers that support our troops, though.

Back
Top Bottom