• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

(IT Help!) Anyone else have or tried AT&T Fiber Internet service?

Hmmm. That's interesting in a couple ways. At&T has plenty of issues with customer no service and tech support, as do all major telecom companies, it's not exclusive. I've been with AT&T for almost 20 years and have yet to hear their lack of service or getting an issue resolved be contributed to CWA involvement. Maybe where you worked they did but I've never even heard anyone suggest that. Second reason I find it interesting is, I don't think running to the government for help because a private company has a problem that hasn't been resolved as fast as I want to be. I don't typically look to the government for help for much of anything that I can think of. Not how I roll but that's just me.

giphy.gif

Our ATT fiber does the same exact thing. It’ll lug down real slow, not fully disconnect, but won’t do much of anything either, then it’ll speed back up and be normal for the next hour or so. I’ve been trying to find how to resolve this, maybe the answer is in this thread somewhere lol

Our ATT fiber does the same exact thing. It’ll lug down real slow, not fully disconnect, but won’t do much of anything either, then it’ll speed back up and be normal for the next hour or so. I’ve been trying to find how to resolve this, maybe the answer is in this thread somewhere lol

No solution yet, but you are about the 5th or 6th person that has confirmed the same issue. I’ve only had the service two weeks but no way I’m going to live with. Rather pay more. My company pays my internet bill anyways, but that’s beside the point.

What is your DNS server? Do you run your own, or are you getting whatever ATT sends you via DHCP?

Well, on my clients I can specify my own and I've tried the Google and OpenDNS servers, but didn't help at all. In my modem config, the DNS servers are hard-coded to ATT's and not configurable.

They're sending me a new modem/gateway Monday. I have very little hope that it will help, but I'll give it a try. I've spent hours troubleshooting to no avail so far. Next week is do or die, ATT (if you're listening).

Well, on my clients I can specify my own and I've tried the Google and OpenDNS servers, but didn't help at all. In my modem config, the DNS servers are hard-coded to ATT's and not configurable.

Yup, you already are doing what I would have suggested. Hopefully the modem fixes it.

We love it!
Sometimes it will do what you’re mentioning, and my roommate,who does big time IT support for electrical co-ops, swears it’s the wireless modem. With the old service from Att the modem was handling it, but just barely.
As usual YMMV

Back
Top Bottom