• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

It is astounding the amount of knowledge you guys have about everything.

Cost always has to be taken into account, but that's part of what I consider when deciding what works best for me. I feel like when someone explains and defends their decisions on equipment in a discussion is one of the best ways for anyone to learn. I want to hear what they think is best before they ever say what they think is second best.

Think about someone with little experience thinking about getting their first military style rifle. They don't know what would be better for them. An AK or an AR. Post that question up here and they are going to get lots of opposing and defended opinions. It's a hell of an education for them.

So sometimes when it appears someone might be being Argumentative, they could actually be being Didactic? Okay, I might buy that... :) ....

Cost always has to be taken into account, but that's part of what I consider when deciding what works best for me. I feel like when someone explains and defends their decisions on equipment in a discussion is one of the best ways for anyone to learn. I want to hear what they think is best before they ever say what they think is second best.

Think about someone with little experience thinking about getting their first military style rifle. They don't know what would be better for them. An AK or an AR. Post that question up here and they are going to get lots of opposing and defended opinions. It's a hell of an education for them.
Well spoken but it's called "rhetoric". It's usually written to be convincing or just inexperience. You never know. "To those who believe, no explanation is necessary". I use some anecdotal stories but usually only en masse and with many other sources if I don't have access.

Back
Top Bottom