• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

It is finished!

NWSharpshooter

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
563   0
Reaction score
Some of you may remember a thread from last month before all the craziness started where I was redoing an old 870 Express magnum.

It was painted and ugly, but I saw a thing of beauty under all that funk, so I went to work and tonight finally finished her up.

What I started out with was this.
1354422289_1.JPG

Just your standard run of the mill spray painted 870 express magnum with 21" rifled barrel and some crappy plastic furniture.

I stripped off all the furniture, stripped the paint off all the metal and got to work. I traded the 21" rifled barrel of for an 18" 870 Police barrel here on the trader, and ordered a +3 mag ext from Remington. Getting that plastic pump off was problematic and almost ruined the carrier assembly. Thanks to Passdabullets for his help getting the front end straight again. Anyway, because of the madness I could not locate the pins that hold in the trigger assembly anywhere. I really wanted to get that stupid scope rail off the gun, but without the pins I couldn't get rid of it. Tonight I went down into the shop and in about 10 minutes made the pins myself and threw that god awful scope rail in the garbage. When stripping the spray paint from the receiver I also stripped the factory Remington paint so the receiver was in the white. While Passdabullets and I both thought it looked pretty sick in the white, I wanted some corrosion protection so I ordered some Brownells Alumahyde and shot a fresh coat on the receiver. I put it all back together with an old set of Remington 870 police wood, and I have to say I am very happy with the results. Not bad for a beat to grap express.

[Broken External Image]:

H

Back
Top Bottom