• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

It just occurred to me that some of you ...

I was so angry for years thinking of my mom beating the crap outta me. She never once apologized for being so mean. She was arrogant and played me and my sister against each other. She was a Christian but one of those old school angry Christians. Taught me how to love the Lord. A little patience and mercy would have gone a long way for me as a kid. Always did bother me how she justified that kind of treatment. After about 40 years I just decided the anger wasn't doing my any good. She just left her body and didn't even remember nothing. Never did have a chance to iron that stuff out. Dementia took her out of the game.
The town I grew up in wasn't a place to run your mouth, people were quick to fight ...any time, anywhere. My dad used to say there's nothing to do around here but fight, fornicate and drive fast....and I don't have a car! I've kinda lived my life like that, don't have a lot of tolerance for stupidity and I don't suffer fools.

While picking up some to-go food Christmas night (the whole family was sick), I had an encounter with an angry customer that escalated way past where it should have. Once the guy decided that he had possibly gotten ahold of the wrong one and offered to leave, I left and went home...4 hours later I was still so angry that my hands were shaking. I decided that it wasn't worth it, not going to let stupid people get to me anymore. I could have easily gone to jail or worse...and all over some smart-ass.

Only a true brother would give it to me straight up like that, 🤙 Seriously though, I haven’t laughed that hard in a long, long time. 😆🤣😂

A.) Me being told I need ****ing help. 😂
B.) Other folks reaction to me being told I need ****ing help. 😂

IMG_0440.jpeg

My Mom didn’t really know how to show love, hell I never thought she even liked me when I was growing up and most of my adult life. I found out when I was an adult that my grandfather was a mean SOB to her when she was growing up. I had already known she got hit by a car when she was 16, that plus the way she was treated is probably why she was the way she was. If it wasn’t for my Dad & my Grandparents I probably wouldn’t be here to tell it. I became a rowdy little bastard at about 12, that’s why I got shipped off to a military school for two years (‘71-‘73). Even though it did a world of good for me I sure as hell didn’t believe it at the time. Lol! Fortunately though my Mom and I reconnected when I was 58 and had a year and a half of some pretty decent times. When she was diagnosed with stomach & bladder cancer that had spread to her lungs in April of ‘18, her doctors gave her one freakin’ week to live. I brought her home with me and we had 7 really good days of laughs and good times, we grilled some steaks, she had an all meat pizza and hamburgers and chicken and ice cream, she had been a vegetarian for decades! Her two sisters, her friends and my cousins came down to see her and she had a blast, I even convinced her Trump wouldn’t destroy the world starting with the elderly, she was a whack a doodle waaaaaaaay left wing nutcase with a bad case of TDS but I think I got through to her at least a little. 😂 Seven really good days, then my wife and I helped her up off the couch that last night before she went unconscious for three days and she hugged us both real tight for a long time and just smiled said she loved us. Her last words to me were “I love you, I always have and I’m proud of the man, the father and husband you’ve become.“ That right there to me is the single greatest compliment a Mom could ever give to her son. I loved her too and now I miss her something awful. God I am so grateful for that time with her that last year and a half of her life, she passed quietly with my wife and I with her ten days after I brought her home from St. Joseph’s hospital.

Sorry bout that y’all. Just feeling a little nostalgic lately. Turning 65 has had me thinking a lot about how my life has turned out for some reason, all the friends and family that’s already died. I’m just floored at how fast the time has gotten away from me. My sons are both over 40 now, WTF happened?!?! At least I’ve always had a good relationship with my boys except when they were about 16-18 and thought they knew it all. Lol! I’m proud of the men they’ve become though, my oldest lives in LaGrange and my youngest lives in Navarre Fla. but I hear from them often and my oldest comes by every couple of weeks so he can get some of Momma’s home cookin’ and visit a while. My youngest and I are always trading memes back and forth on the phone, he comes up with some funny **** too. 😂 Okay, I’m just rambling now. I should probably go move the car up close to the house before the temps drop again. Dang y’all, I HATE these cold snaps, makes it hard to get these old bones to cooperate. I need some warmer weather, maybe I’ll just move in with my youngest and his wife down in Florida. Hehehe! Yeah, that’d go over bout like a lead balloon. 😂 Later y’all….
A good read. Instead of Mom, it's my Dad. When he does say somethin nice, I don't even know how to act. And yes, the older you get the more you think about the past. And the more people you lose in life. Just have to figure God has blessed us with a long life. Take it in stride and enjoy. It is a blessing

I was so angry for years thinking of my mom beating the crap outta me. She never once apologized for being so mean. She was arrogant and played me and my sister against each other. She was a Christian but one of those old school angry Christians. Taught me how to love the Lord. A little patience and mercy would have gone a long way for me as a kid. Always did bother me how she justified that kind of treatment. After about 40 years I just decided the anger wasn't doing my any good. She just left her body and didn't even remember nothing. Never did have a chance to iron that stuff out. Dementia took her out of the game.
Took me @ 30yrs of deprogramming to see things for what they were. My wife is to thank for that. I'm good with it because it made me the person I am today. I'm now finding out about things my Dad went through when he was a kid. No wonder why my family is rough. Not all bad, it makes you tough

I am 56 and that post almost fits me to a tee. Throw out the military school although I had been threatened with many, many times. My mom knew how to beat more than she showed affection. Growing up getting smacked when I said something she didn't like. She used to take me in the basement to beat me so the neighbors wouldn't hear me yelling. Mother of Moses, Joseph and Mary she would go off on my ass from the lower back to back of my knees. Marks these days would put a parent under the jail. That screws with a kids head man!
It does, but look where we are now. Life is hard, it doesn't matter where you grow up

A good read. Instead of Mom, it's my Dad. When he does say somethin nice, I don't even know how to act. And yes, the older you get the more you think about the past. And the more people you lose in life. Just have to figure God has blessed us with a long life. Take it in stride and enjoy. It is a blessing

I am blessed, a wife who’s always been there for me and my sons, two of the best sons a guy could hope for and to top it off I have two of the best friends a guy can have that I’ve known most of my life. Then I have all you guys to tell it to. Hell, a week from today is our 45th anniversary, not too bad for somebody who almost took a much different path in life. All the tough times and we’re still together. That’s definitely being blessed!

Back
Top Bottom