Reaction score
Item Name: FS/FT Rinnai tankless water heater

Zip Code: 30016

Item is for: Sale or Trade
Sale Price: $850
Trade Value or Items Looking For: $850

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: http://www.mytanklesswaterheatersto...gas-tankless-water-heater-with-recirculation/

Brand new in box Rinnai tankless water heater (natural gas) built in WiFi with hot water recirculating pump. Recirculating pump will recirculate hot water through your whole house so no waiting on hot water to get to your fixtures..

I will entertain a trade for a SA Hellcat.

pics on request if needed.
Thanks

Attachments

• C88B3286-7561-4DD1-8AEA-7B14132B920E.jpeg
    C88B3286-7561-4DD1-8AEA-7B14132B920E.jpeg
    67.5 KB · Views: 63
  • 6228F334-A6ED-4DF5-ABB0-6FEFDD3EF62B.jpeg
    6228F334-A6ED-4DF5-ABB0-6FEFDD3EF62B.jpeg
    54.8 KB · Views: 61
DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
Electrics as we knew them are being phased out. Heat element design is cheap to manufacture, but new energy efficient design uses a heat pump.
Bottom line is...,
Prices are going up on electric water heaters

I have a gas tank. My house is almost 20 years old and is a 4 bed/2.5 bath. There are only two of us here. Would this be good or not so good deal?

I take it my gas cost would be about the same. Enlighten me.
The price for this one is a steal. However, considering the price for this unit, this would serve you well. The advantage is not running out of hot water and having it recirculated. You would not regret having this system.
I’m not just saying this because I am selling it.
The average cost to replace a 40-50 gallon gas water heater without recirculating is around $1000 normally, unless you install yourself of course.
Your gas cost would be the same if you stick with the same routines for sure. Even if you took longer showers because you had this system, it wouldn’t break the bank.

The selling point on the tankless water heater’s are, very efficient due to it does not run unless you call for hot water. However, all water heaters tankless and tank type are all very efficient nowadays.

To be transparent, you can install the same recirculating system in any household on tank type water heaters as well. The recirculation system would cost you around $300 at any Home Depot.

I live on the coast. I have a propane generator that runs most of the house ( minus HVAC) and also the well pump. I switched my cooktop to propane since I already had a propane tank. When my electric water heater started leaking I went with a Rinnai tankless. I don't have the recirculating feature. I love it. If power goes out I have hot and cold running water and can cook hot meals. That makes a HUGE difference. The price on this is excellent. Anyone on the fence about doing a gas tankless this is your deal.

I am going to meet up with EGGMANMJA01 to see if this can cost effectively be installed in his home.
In some cases, this is not simply a direct swap. There are certain things that need to be in place already for this to be a cost effective swap from a tank type water heater.
This can be retro fitted to any home, but may require more money to get to work. IE gas line sized appropriately and venting this tankless heater.
If any one ends up with this, I will be sure they are 100% educated to make sure they know exactly what needs to be done for this to be installed.

some cases it will be a pretty simple swap.

My house is 1800 sq. feet totally electric. 50 gal. lowboy. Heat pump. Three people. Power bill 1200 a year.
Hard to beat. Last water heater lasted around 25 years. Hardly no issue of running out of hot water. Tankless
heaters are recommended to be cleaned twice a year. Can be a little pricey. I just don't care for gas. I guess
I'm just old school. That's my 2 cents for what it's worth.

Tankless heaters are recommended to be cleaned with a solution once a year, but in Georgia is not really needed that often.
There is a tankless heater at a church downtown Atlanta that has had one for 15 years to date never touched. About 2 weeks ago we ran the descaled solution through it just because it has been 15 years and still rockin and rollin.. not expensive at all to descale!!!

We have never serviced our water heater. I don't really know how or who. Should I look into it? Is there a sign it's time?
It’s recommended once a year due to scale build up, but water is not that bad in Georgia. It is very simple to do. There are good YouTube videos showing exactly how to do it.. again, very easy. Home Depot will have the kits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom