• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Gone: FS Lee Enfield No.1 Mk.III SMLE - Sporterized - with NOS Stock!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParaSloth

Default rank <500 posts
Paratrooper
23   0
Reaction score
Item Name: FS Lee Enfield No.1 Mk.III SMLE - Sporterized - with NOS Stock!!!

Zip Code: 30019

Item is for: Sale Only
Sale Price: 825

Caliber: .303

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: The rifle - a beautiful, but sporterized 1918 BSA (Birmingham Small Arms) No.1 Mk III. The metal is in great shape. The bore is still shiny. Serial numbers are not matching - as expected. Brass butt plate is present, as well as the front and rear sights. Barrel has not been sporterized. All metal parts are missing from the fore-stock, which includes barrel bands, nosepiece, etc. Rifle does not come with a magazine. All missing pieces are readily available online.

The stock - this is literally the ONLY new old stock (NOS) stock that I know exists today!! Meaning - this stock has NEVER been fitted to a rifle! Beautiful English Walnut! There are reproductions of this stock available if you look hard - typically costing around $400-425 for the four-piece set. This is not a reproduction, but the real thing! Wood parts only - will require some metal pieces to be installed but they are widely available online.

Happy to send more pictures upon request or answer questions. Stock is currently listed on fleabay - if it sells I will pull this ad.

Pictures:
img_1097-jpeg.3125294

img_1105-jpeg.3125295

img_1095-jpeg.3125296

img_1096-jpeg.3125298

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
Is that a screw through the forestock (Ishapore screw)?

Yes - the "Ishy screw" - it is present in this stock. Stock is certainly not refinished - it has never been fitted to a rifle. Very obvious by inspecting the interior lands, etc. Years ago in an online chat with Peter Ladlier (Milsurps forum) he indicated that - although rare - this was also known to be done by British armorers to prevent longitudinal cracks. Also, the stock is certainly walnut not mertani.

The stock - this is literally the ONLY new old stock (NOS) stock that I know exists today!! Meaning - this stock has NEVER been fitted to a rifle! Beautiful English Walnut!

Nice.

I have one stashed away that I'm saving for one more restoration....once I find the perfect candidate...

What happened to your Land Rover photo?

Nice.

I have one stashed away that I'm saving for one more restoration....once I find the perfect candidate...

What happened to your Land Rover photo?

Okay - this is the "second" one I know of LOL!!! I totally had that in mind - restoring - and found the perfect rifle. Unfortunately I am just not getting around to it and want the money to fund a small sailboat!! Funny you remember the LR! It's been some time. It just didn't work out being my daily driver when the gas prices were so high. Don't knock me - I now drive a VW Jetta diesel LOL!!

Okay - this is the "second" one I know of LOL!!! I totally had that in mind - restoring - and found the perfect rifle. Unfortunately I am just not getting around to it and want the money to fund a small sailboat!! Funny you remember the LR! It's been some time. It just didn't work out being my daily driver when the gas prices were so high. Don't knock me - I now drive a VW Jetta diesel LOL!!

Yeah, I remember finding it interesting that you were working on SMLE's and had a Land Rover as that was similar to my M.O.

Now I find you're getting a sailboat. I lived aboard a 40' wooden sailboat back in the 90's and grew up sailing...

I drove a D2 as a daily driver until about a month ago when the transmission went out. It's in my shop waiting on me to find some time to swap out the transmission from one of my five donor Disco's. In the mean time, I'm driving an '89 CRX HF, but have been looking around at Diesel Jetta's for the passenger capacity...

funny.

Funny! Well, I just got rid of a sailboat LOL! Jeanneau 27. I want to get into a smaller, classic wood - something under 20 feet. I grew up in Michigan on Huron and Michigan. Dad ran a charter boat but I snuck out and hung with the sailors. Sorry about the D2! I'd love to have another ... maybe as a second vehicle! The VW diesels are pretty awesome! You still have to make sure you are up on the maintenance (like a LR), but man they last forever!

Zip Code: 30019

Item is for: Sale Only
Sale Price: 825

Caliber: .303

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: The rifle - a beautiful, but sporterized 1918 BSA (Birmingham Small Arms) No.1 Mk III. The metal is in great shape. The bore is still shiny. Serial numbers are not matching - as expected. Brass butt plate is present, as well as the front and rear sights. Barrel has not been sporterized. All metal parts are missing from the fore-stock, which includes barrel bands, nosepiece, etc. Rifle does not come with a magazine. All missing pieces are readily available online.

The stock - this is literally the ONLY new old stock (NOS) stock that I know exists today!! Meaning - this stock has NEVER been fitted to a rifle! Beautiful English Walnut! There are reproductions of this stock available if you look hard - typically costing around $400-425 for the four-piece set. This is not a reproduction, but the real thing! Wood parts only - will require some metal pieces to be installed but they are widely available online.

Happy to send more pictures upon request or answer questions. Stock is currently listed on fleabay - if it sells I will pull this ad.

Pictures:
img_1097-jpeg.3125294

img_1105-jpeg.3125295

img_1095-jpeg.3125296

img_1096-jpeg.3125298
I just wanted to say I have the exact same one mines a 1918 mk1my great great uncle brought it home from ww1 and it’s a family heirloom best shooting rifle I have ever shot I hope it sells for you just wanted to tell you their is another one just like it I’m giving mine to my oldest son he is 23 so it’s time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom