• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Gone: What is the best CALIBRE FOR IN HOME DEFENSE??

Status
Not open for further replies.

chester

Default rank <3500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
73   0
Reaction score
Item Name: Item Gone: What is the best CALIBRE FOR IN HOME DEFENSE??

Item is for: Sale/Trade NOT SPECIFIED

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: WHAT IS THE BEST IN-HOME CALIBRE FOR DEFENSE???
THEN PISTOL,,,AR PISTOL SHOTGUN???
THANX

THANX IN AADVANCE

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
Live another day.
Buy a hearing aid tomorrow

I sleep with a Glock 22 with bright nitesights, and a 20 gauge Shockwave with #1 buck at arms reach

I'd still prefer not to need hearing aid's after using it though. Might not hear the next burglar breaking in next time.

I wouldn't hesitate with either the 40s&w or buckshot, both are a lot easier on the ears over a high velocity short barrel rifle round.

I'd still prefer not to need hearing aid's after using it though. Might not hear the next burglar breaking in next time.

I wouldn't hesitate with either the 40s&w or buckshot, both are a lot easier on the ears over a high velocity short barrel rifle round.
Decibel level is pretty close with all of them.

Only about ten decibels of difference and they range from 160 with a 40, 159 with a 12 gauge and 170 with a 7.5" ar. Hearing damage happens with anything over 85. Anything over 120 causes immediate damage.

I remove all flash hiders, brakes etc. just because they don't improve accuracy and most often adversely affect it. Muzzle flash is nowhere near as bad as most claim. It can be mitigated with the right ammunition. Look up hornady black sbr.

Decibel level is pretty close with all of them.

Only about ten decibels of difference and they range from 160 with a 40, 159 with a 12 gauge and 170 with a 7.5" ar. Hearing damage happens with anything over 85. Anything over 120 causes immediate damage.

I remove all flash hiders, brakes etc. just because they don't improve accuracy and most often adversely affect it. Muzzle flash is nowhere near as bad as most claim. It can be mitigated with the right ammunition. Look up hornady black sbr.
I suppress...and use ear pro.

Proffessor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom