• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

It's not the years, it's the miles - can you believe this babysitter might have a little drug problem?

I got a Mexican grandma for mine....and she has permission to beat as required.
"beat" ?? Maybe a poor choice of word for "discipline" I hope. Not trying to be a pain here, but we do have a lot of "browsers" on this site and I'll bet more than one would like to see liberal red flag laws implemented immediately.

Just sayin'. :yo:

"beat" ?? Maybe a poor choice of word for "discipline" I hope. Not trying to be a pain here, but we do have a lot of "browsers" on this site and I'll bet more than one would like to see liberal red flag laws implemented immediately.

Would ‘whup that little ice’ be more acceptable?

Would ‘whup that little ice’ be more acceptable?
Better than "beat" I think, but I wouldn't give that kind of permission to anyone looking after my kids, including other family members. And whatever instructions I give would not be discussed on any open forums - kidding or not.

Better than "beat" I think, but I wouldn't give that kind of permission to anyone looking after my kids, including other family members. And whatever instructions I give would not be discussed on any open forums - kidding or not.
A good attorney might argue that in the usage above, beat was simply a Southern colloquialism for spank, or discipline.

When you tell somebody not to do something and they look straight at you and do it anyway.....you beat the hell out of em.

When you tell somebody not to do something and they look straight at you and do it anyway.....you beat the hell out of em.
That is cave man thinking from the last century. Now, one must sit down with the little darling and explain why their behavior is hurtful and unacceptable to others. If necessary, one may threaten a short suspension of playtime with their favorite toy (not intending to actually implement that, as it may cause irreversible trauma to the child). And then, when the child goes through court-ordered therapy, there will be repressed memories ‘discovered’ by the therapist that you or another family member have sexually abused said munchkin and your life will spiral into an indescribable hell.

That is cave man thinking from the last century. Now, one must sit down with the little darling and explain why their behavior is hurtful and unacceptable to others. If necessary, one may threaten a short suspension of playtime with their favorite toy (not intending to actually implement that, as it may cause irreversible trauma to the child). And then, when the child goes through court-ordered therapy, there will be repressed memories ‘discovered’ by the therapist that you or another family member have sexually abused said munchkin and your life will spiral into an indescribable hell.
No....this is GA redneck child training that has been done for 100's of years.

Beat their asses when they act up so they don't grow up to be victims of something as simple as words

No....this is GA redneck child training that has been done for 100's of years.
I fully agree, as my now adult daughter will testify to, but it’s a different, kinder, woke world now.

And I did have a neighbor whose nut-case daughter-in-law lived in filthy conditions with her wuss husband (neighbor’s son) and their toddler. Grandmother was primary (free) childcare from day one.
DIL took her 5-year-old to a child psychologist who convinced nutcase mom that because the kid liked to take a nap with gramma in the afternoon, gramma was obviously a predator who was sexually abusing him, or soon would.
Gramma and grampaw were immediately banned from contact with child. DIL, wuss, and unsuspecting child moved, left no forwarding address.
Destroyed the whole family dynamic on an unsubstantiated theory of some wuss pseudoscientist.

Back
Top Bottom