• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

It's that time of year again folks.

Addiction is a terrible thing and I'm sorry you are involved. The stuff is most likely with him or near where he stays to be converted to drugs. He needs medical help when it gets to the point he is stealing to serve his addiction. If he steals from strangers his risk of being shot or worse go up. He is still family even if you guys wrote him off due to his drug dependent behavior.

Have the cops aware of your drug addicted BIL and look around to see if a suspected stolen item/s are laying around where he stays. It could at least trigger a search. The problem treating addiction is it's costly and lengthy. The best cure rates are typically from organizations that cost the most.

Hope you get your stuff back and your BIL gets treatment.

Last edited:
He is a cousin in law. So no relation at all to me his risk of being shot while stealing from me are just as high if not higher than him stealing from a stranger. I am very thankful that I was not home when this happened. It likely would have ended very differently. The best treatment for scum like this is a 40 S&W applied to center mass twice daily. I have no compassion for pill heads and junkies. I didn't stick that needle in their arms why should I care?

i would start checking all the pawn shop from your house and his house and pay him a surprise visit and look around--just don't start sh** unless you find something--then call the cops

Don't report it, and let your wife tell her family you aren't going to. then: Non lethal "boobie traps". Permanent dye, strong springs....well you get the picture. Might be hard to clean up, but he'd definitely be blue in the face. You could scrub the blue right off his face with a........

Just kidding.....................

Last edited:
He is a cousin in law. So no relation at all to me his risk of being shot while stealing from me are just as high if not higher than him stealing from a stranger. I am very thankful that I was not home when this happened. It likely would have ended very differently. The best treatment for scum like this is a 40 S&W applied to center mass twice daily. I have no compassion for pill heads and junkies. I didn't stick that needle in their arms why should I care?

Damn straight. A thief is a thief. I don't give a damn about his addiction. A thief that steals from family? Even lower on the pos totem pole.

Well I called around to the local pawn shops. One said a guy brought in a live trap. I am going to try and go by this evening when I get off. It could be a complete coincidence but I'm betting its probably mine. I have to wait for the PD to get the police report before further action can be taken. But I can go up there and at least see if its mine. Wish me luck guys.

Well I called around to the local pawn shops. One said a guy brought in a live trap. I am going to try and go by this evening when I get off. It could be a complete coincidence but I'm betting its probably mine. I have to wait for the PD to get the police report before further action can be taken. But I can go up there and at least see if its mine. Wish me luck guys.

Good luck dude...with the whole mess. Hope it works out for ya'.

UPDATE: Well today while I am at work, my Dad went down to the police station and picked up the police report. He then headed over to the pawn shop that told me they had the trap. Well low and behold the name on the pawn ticket was none other than my wife's cousin. He pawned the trap and some of the higher end pawed tools. Probably tossed the rest somewhere. I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I plan to have my in-laws contact him and tell him that he is caught and that I am going to press charges unless he brings the rest of the tools back. Hopefully he will bring them and then when I have them back I am still going to press charges. Muahahhahaha <==== evil laugh. I am also going to place a restraining order on him. I know it's probably not a very big deal to everyone else but this makes me feel much better. Thanks for reading along.

At least you didn't have to apply the proper amount of "center mass remedy", but, if the moron breaks into your house while you are there don't hesitate to put him down. You can NEVER trust a junkie when they are to the point of home invasions to support the habit they have been so weak-minded to acquire. Wish you the best and be safe.

Back
Top Bottom