• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I've never heard this before.

When my oldest son was about 10 he stepped on a fire ant hill in the church parking lot. I stripped him down to his whitey-tighteys right ther to get them all off.

Shame to hear. I saved the ingredients for a good home made kill recipe for red ants posted by BLIP BLIP a while back.
I passed it on, I did make a couple minor modifications. Cairo syrup seem to work just as well as the molasses. Actually it was a combination of the two with very little molasses. And I sprinkled the area with dimethius Earth

When the method is done properly with the orange soap from Tractor Supply three cups added to a gallon of water and two cups of Karo syrup spray around the area completely saturating it and then force a tunnel down in the middle. The dimetheus is very helpful you just let it soak in and sprinkle a handful over the mound. It kills what goes in it kills what goes out and the queen is stuck in that hole

I passed it on, I did make a couple minor modifications. Cairo syrup seem to work just as well as the molasses. Actually it was a combination of the two with very little molasses. And I sprinkled the area with dimethius Earth
Diatomaceous earth is legit for killing ants. 24 hours after it has made contact with their body, they are toast.

For those that don't know: fire ants bite, but they bite to get a hold and then sting with a "stinger" from their abdomen like a wasp. It's not the normal formic acid bite that people are allergic to, it's the toxin in the "sting" that is allergenic, similar to the stuff in a bee or wasp sting.

I don't know....this stuff kills the ever loving shieet out of them, and you just buy it at the hardware store...I'm just say'n....
DSC00224.JPG

Back
Top Bottom