• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Jacksonville, FL

I haven’t been in years but had some damned good times there !
I was chasing a chick right out of high school and her dad hated me and made her move there with her mom to try and keep us apart….lol.
I was going down there every weekend, holiday, anytime I could !! lol.
Almost married that girl…but didn’t.
Oh well….i am very happy with how things ended up with what I got now !! :becky:

IMHO Jacksonville has turned into a ****hole the last 20-30 years.
There are pockets of decent areas but overall not worth visiting. Again just my opinion.
As mentioned, a little further south St. Augustine ok as well as north of JAX around Amelia Island
^ THIS ^. Last time I was passing through on the way to South FL, I picked a clean looking hotel in what didn't seem like a bad part of town. Yeah, a gunfight broke out outside the hotel at 3:00 a.m. This was 2001.

Well it wouldn't be my first choice. Lived there as a little kid before I started school. It wasn't anything special 40+ yrs ago either. Personally, I like the gulf. The water is calmer, prettier and the beaches are nicer. It's all a tourist trap

Unless you're going in, the water is warm and the weather is nice. Pretty much a waste.

Jacksonville Beach is all right. Bunch of rednecks having the time of their lives. There's actually a great little pizza place somewhere on Jacksonville Beach, but I can't recall the name of it.

Jacksonville city is a bit of a dumb. There's parts along the river that are nice. I would carry if I have a permit. Probably more than a day or two in Jacksonville city is more than enough.

St. Augustine is pretty cool. Not as nice beech though.

Daytona is about the same as Jacksonville Beach but I think a little nicer. However, more touristy.

Back
Top Bottom