• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

January Adv. Outdoors Flyer

^They did the same thing with the Ruger 1911. Them not having it in stock doesn't surprise me at all.

Last edited:
I went by to look at the reloading stuff. Not too many shops stock it and the prices on the flyer looked decent.

of course everything not in the flyer was way overpriced IMHO. It seems to be too much to have a shop with even semi decent prices on powder or primers or other gear. I know that AA #5 1lb container is about $16 from powder valley. i'm assuming they are making at least 15-20% at that price. So I find it hard to believe that a shop has to sell that same 1lb container for $28 to make any money...

anyway if you are in desperate need of something for reloading, they have some but the prices are a bit out there (primers were about $50/k, I usually pay around $20/k locally).

nice shop though, i wish them good luck.

make sure you tell them the ammo you are buying is on sale. last 2 times i have been in there I have had to explain to them that the items I was purchasing were on sale and for how much. They have so much potential but I just hate that place.

That was my experience the one time I tried to buy something from them just before the move. Wrong price then they jacked up the background check so bad I just walked out...but not after they tried charging me $15 or whatever their fee is for walking out in the middle of a check...except they put in the wrong name, so I told them that guy owes them the $15, not me.

That was before they moved, though. The new place seems real nice, but I haven't tried buying anything, so I can't speak on their service.

Last year we special ordered my dad a rifle there for his birthday. Said it would be there in about 2-3 weeks, no problem. Three weeks go by and I call, they say it should be here on Monday. On Monday they say it should be here by Wed. Goes on for 2 weeks. I drive up there from Covington, talk to a guy any he promises to call me on Monday and give me a firm date. Wait all day Monday, no call. I call up and they say he's off on Mondays and nobody has any idea when it will be in!
Take my dad up there that Friday to get a refund, and they say it's on the way and will be here Monday! Told him no thanks!! Got a refund and hav'nt been back since.

Before we talked to anyone about the rifle, my dad took a brand new Remington 1100 in to see what they would offer in trade $$. They really lowballed him, and when the guy walked away I looked at the price guide he was using and it was over 4 years old!

To far to drive for so much trouble!

I already posted my terrible experience today with them, only time I would ever consider going back is if I am driving right by it
and have prepped with Very Low Expectations. It's a train wreck there.

I already posted my terrible experience today with them, only time I would ever consider going back is if I am driving right by it
and have prepped with Very Low Expectations. It's a train wreck there.

Yep - I work nearby so I keep hoping they can work it out. But after today I'm about done with them. I thought the new move would be a chance for a clean slate and a new experience but it just isn't happening. The sad thing is there are at least 10 guys that I work with dying to go hit the range when/if it ever opens. I may have to sit that one out.

Sucks 'cause I really want the TCP, Bass Pro flat out refused to price match them(got a gift card i'm trying to use!) Cheaper than Dirt had it for $166 a few days ago but I missed it!

My advice, for those that want it.

Call Dana Safety Supply in Buford, ask for Mike and tell him what you need. This store is A1..................

A shameless self serving plug for my shop (feel free to quit reading at this point, I do understand :) )

My store is small, and I do not have 10 employees. I can guarantee you will be not be disappointed with the customer service. If I cannot get a firearm, I will not take your money and make promises. The 1 or 2 who do work there will answer your questions honestly, and they - as well as me - can/will answer any question asked. Sometimes their answer is, "I don't know, let's ask Luther". Sometimes my answer is, "I don't know." On occasion, it has been, "Heck, I ain't got a clue!" The answer we give may not be what you were looking for, but I promise it will be an honest answer.

Back
Top Bottom