• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Japanese mini trucks in bulk.

I entertained one for a commuter vehicle (5 miles at the time, no highway), until I started researching and found that problem.
Any idea on mpg in those truck/van on the highway? Top speed? It’d be fun to have around the property to scoot around in.

IMG_2516.jpg Some, even come w/ a Mascot.

You can find them in the states for under 5-6k with low low miles and nice w tons of options.

All you have to do is hunt.

You can actually save and buy in bulk 😂

I have the website I will post when I find it.

Let me guess, I have to PM you for the dealer’s contact info because they’ll only sell if you recommend the buyer?

071671CA-6938-4235-A103-679F92F43709.jpeg
1AF7481D-0088-4438-AEE0-2423D6702CA7.jpeg

Very handy vehicles.
My brother bought one for $5K about 15 years ago.
It came with a dump bed.
He added a half-cover to allow him to blow wood chips into it directly from the chipper's discharge chute.

The dealer who sold it to him said it could never be tagged and made street-legal.

Note that licensing of mini-trucks varies from state to state and some people have gotten around the issue by registering in one state, then transferring the previously registered vehicle to their state of residence, once they established the title and registration. Although probably frowned upon, there are companies that will do this for you.

In Alabama, they can be "tagged" with stipulations, including not driving them on interstates.

Alabama Code Title 32. Motor Vehicles and Traffic § 32-6-59 - last updated January 01, 2019

(a) The annual license tax and registration fee for a mini-truck, as defined in Section 40-12-240, shall be the same as a private passenger automobile, and the fees shall be distributed in the same manner as for a private passenger automobile.

(b) Mini-trucks may be operated subject to the following restrictions:

1. Mini-trucks may not be operated on interstate highways.
  2. Mini-trucks shall be prohibited from operating on any public highway, road, or street in the state unless the proper license tag therefor has been procured and is securely attached in the same manner as a private passenger automobile. The license tag shall indicate that the mini-truck is for restricted low speed use.

Back
Top Bottom