• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Jeep Wrangler questions... Thinking about buying one

JHW

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
487   0
Reaction score
Well I have been looking at buying a Wrangler for a little while and wanted to ask a couple of questions to see if anyone could help out. I dont know much about them so any help is appreciated.

Im thinking I want a 2000-2006 any of those years good or bad? Im thinking the 4.0L straight 6 is that a good engine? How many miles can you put on them before a rebuild?

Also, any areas I need to check or any advise about them?

Finally, I was really wanting an automatic because I thought it would be easier to tow with but it looks like most are manuals so anyone ever put in boats or jet skis with a manual? I know how to drive them just never towed with one

Thanks guys in advance

Those would be your TJ series. I would suggest the sahara with the upgraded dana axles or the rubicon that came standard with the upgraded axles. the 4.0 is a great engine and can go a long, long time before needing a rebuild, and towing with a manual is no big deal. just remember, you're towing with a jeep.

Reactions: JHW
Those would be your TJ series. I would suggest the sahara with the upgraded dana axles or the rubicon that came standard with the upgraded axles. the 4.0 is a great engine and can go a long, long time before needing a rebuild, and towing with a manual is no big deal. just remember, you're towing with a jeep.
Thanks! is the X Wrangler ok or would the Rubicon be better?

this may be a cleaner chart for you to reference:

http://www.extremeterrain.com/wrangler-jeep-axle-identification.html

i've seen those D35 axle break over some of the simplest stuff, i personally wouldn't get a jeep with the D35 unless i was leaving it stock and using it as a commuter, and even then, i wouldn't be comfortable with it.

Thanks I mainly just want it to drive around at the lake haha and a little off roading. I did do a little research the TJ is a good series correct?

My friend passed this one along to me a 2004 x one owner not really sure about the color haha

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160711_e6470f599e8d94d22535a6c1e581f241.jpg

That ones a manual 5 speed with 70,000 4.0 I like everything minus the color haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom