• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Jeep Wrangler questions... Thinking about buying one

Stay away from the jeep store off of hwy20 near Cartersville, super expensive and most of their jeeps have cosmetic or mechanical issues

i've had nothing but good experiences with them.....though it's been about 3-5 years since i've dealt with them.

The TJs are the last real jeeps IMO. I have built a number of them. The model really depends on what you want to use it for. If you are going to leave on tires 33" or smaller then the x model is fine. If you are looking to put it on 35" tires or bigger then I would look into the rubicon.

The Dana 35 rear axle gets a lot of grief for problems that won't be experienced by most drivers. It is a c-clip rear end, meaning you will lose a tire of you break a shaft. However, I have seen many (including mine before I built it) do plenty of wheeling without breaking.

If I were to get another I would look at the LJ (unlimited TJ model) as the extra interior room is very nice, tows better and makes for a hell of a platform to start from if you decide to build it in the future.

Picture of my old one that ended being very little jeep by the end of the process.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    83.2 KB · Views: 50
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    59.1 KB · Views: 49
Reactions: JHW
Back
Top Bottom