• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Joining a 22 pistol league tomorrow..

DaveTheMinion

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
94   1
Reaction score
So decided since its cheap to join and fun to do, I'm going to start going to panells firearms Tuesdays after work and join in the matches. If everything goes alright ill be taking a p22 tomorrow but plan on finding a cheap ruger and upgrading with volquartsen trigger. Should be a lot of fun, from what I'm told its best grouping at 17 yards bullseye wins. Any tips?

Give us your feedback. I see that sign everything I'm in there but it's too far to go out every Tuesday. Good luck man.

Ill let you know how it goes. I can't guarantee ill be impressive tomorrow as I've heard p22 accuracy is hit or miss, so both match and practice will probably be practice LOL. But I do shoot from reset with focus on front sight

I have been in a couple pistol leagues - both centerfire and rimfire. They are a good time and will make you a better shooter. Some of the guys in my league were top notch shots and whenever I asked, they would offer advice to help me improve. I credit my time in leagues to my shooting ability today. Enjoy!

The best tip I can give you is not to rush your shots. You're going to have fire X amount of shots in a certain time frame - pace yourself.

Last edited:
<snip>t plan on finding a cheap ruger and upgrading with volquartsen trigger.

You might also consider a Buck Mark - a little more expensive, but you won't have to pay to upgrade the trigger since they're much better out of the box. Do the heggis flip on it and it gets even better.

Back
Top Bottom