• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shooting a 380 cartridge in a 9mm pistol

I have a great idea. Let's take a gun that is designed for one cartridge, and try to feed it another cartridge in which the firearm was not designed to shoot. And since we like doing dumb things, let's make sure that the alternative round is more costly and provides poor performance compared to the proper round for the gun.

I have a great idea. Let's take a gun that is designed for one cartridge, and try to feed it another cartridge in which the firearm was not designed to shoot. And since we like doing dumb things, let's make sure that the alternative round is more costly and provides poor performance compared to the proper round for the gun.
Sounds like an ODT plan.

A 270 will shoot in a 3006 I know a guy that purchased what he thought was a rem 700 in 270 from arvins in the 70s with a scope and box of bullets.he was sighting in at hunting club ,and it was shooting all over the place lol asked me to look at it.well we remounted a different scope,cked everything and still shot crazy.one bullet would hit target next would hit ground 1/2 way.i told him they done sold you a pos.we sitting at the table changing the scope back and I happened to look at the barrell and lord and behold it said 30-06.I had some in truck and we sighted it in.asked him the other day if he still had that 270-06 said it was sitting in the back of his safe.he is 76 now and we still get a good laugh at our dumb asses.

A guy dropped a 308 in a 3006 742 it didn’t shoot we liked to have never found a stick that would nock it out of barrell.they ain’t no rods in the river swamp.

Back
Top Bottom