Jon boat deck question, opinions needed

rwurbanwildlife

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
Banned Permanently
149   0
Reaction score
image.jpg

Ok i am putting a deck on my jon boat. Did some framing out of 1 1/2" aluminum angle, did the center support out 2" angle, you think its strong enough for the 3/4" plywood, long term. I am putting a seat and trolling motor on it.

image.jpg

i would offset your center brace and run 2 so that when you bolt the pedestal, each side bolts through the angle. just because leaning in the seat and such puts a lot more torque on the floor than you think it will.

looks like you know what your doing, as long as you used stainless hardware i'm sure your going to get many years enjoyment out of that deck. Just in time too, warmer weather is close and the fishing is going to be great this spring.

hope you used the marine grade 3/4" plywood ....

No. I am not planning on leaving it in a lake. Seems like marine grade was a bit overkill considering i wrapped it in rubber-backed carpet. We shall see, worse case i will be replacing it in 5 years.

Last edited:
I'm decking one myself. Great job on the framing. My opinion is u need two more braces going on the front. U will need all the support u can get when setting the hook and all. Nice job.

Back
Top Bottom