• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

just mad

if needed are you willing to stand along side of me in front of the theater with a sign?

• yes

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • no

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • dont choose this one. i will spring for 5 buck pizza and cold water

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters
Where does his pay come from? Is the average LEO "exempt" or "non exempt" If he is getting paid for off duty hours by a private party where is the line for his responsibilities. Meaning if he is off the clock as a LEO I can tell him to take a leap , if he were to give my a "lawful order"? Just curious as you often hear an "Off Duty" LEO did such and such , captured a perp, saved a life... etc. OBTW I am in no way a LEO basher, they do a Hell of a job.

All rules still ably. Like an early guy said you off duty but your really not off duty.

If I see a person getting robbed I'm steppin in but if I see a guy J-walk or a guy popping wheels on his motorcycle I'm not doing crap.

just remember
the start of this was not that I could not carry, its that they did not tell me the policy before I broke it.
will not go to target because I know they don't allow carry. but at least target states there policy.

Because people commit crimes against one another and thats where the third party comes in. Thats when you play neutral. Now don't get me wrong people commit crimes against society and even then your the third party and you listen to both sides. Now I'm not saying they will always remain neutral but the ones who last are the ones who go to each call and treat it like its own special call. No preconceived notions and no biases. At the beginning of every call everyone gets the same respect and the are innocent.

But the greatest tool I have ever learn is Police Discretion, and that means not everybody has to go to jail and not everybody deserves a ticket. Its bases upon that individual officer.
You can play neutral without pretending you are on duty. If you wanna play security, then you are security.

Not hard to.understand. unless you are there in an official capacity then there is no use in wearing the uniform. Like i said, kinda messed up you can literally rent a cop in this country

You can play neutral without pretending you are on duty. If you wanna play security, then you are security.

Not hard to.understand. unless you are there in an official capacity then there is no use in wearing the uniform. Like i said, kinda messed up you can literally rent a cop in this country

The thing is we are always security, but you should be more surprised that you can buy a congressman, or any other politician. The Cop isn't enforcing special law by the business, all they want is for you to sit there and create a presence. Then if somebody starts acting out and break a legitimate law then you step in.

The thing is we are always security, but you should be more surprised that you can buy a congressman, or any other politician. The Cop isn't enforcing special law by the business, all they want is for you to sit there and create a presence. Then if somebody starts acting out and break a legitimate law then you step in.
You are paying for a government employee who is supposed to be nuetral to act on your behalf. And that doesnt raise concerns?

Why wear the uniform if you are not acting in.official capacity?

You are paying for a government employee who is supposed to be nuetral to act on your behalf. And that doesnt raise concerns?

Why wear the uniform if you are not acting in.official capacity?

We are neutral, we only act when somebody commits a crime against another patron or the business.

And you don't have to have the uniform in order to act in official capacity. Many Departments have SOPs stating what is an acceptable alternate uniform.

We are neutral, we only act when somebody commits a crime against another patron or the business.

And you don't have to have the uniform in order to act in official capacity. Many Departments have SOPs stating what is an acceptable alternate uniform.
I get that, and you say the leo is neutral, but if they are being paid that neutrality is now in question, as it should be

All im saying is while representing yourself as an officer of the law you should wear said uniform, otherwise if you are acting on behalf of a private interest then there is no need for the uniform to be worn.

Again, i couldnt imagine a soldier doing the same thing lol

I get that, and you say the leo is neutral, but if they are being paid that neutrality is now in question, as it should be

All im saying is while representing yourself as an officer of the law you should wear said uniform, otherwise if you are acting on behalf of a private interest then there is no need for the uniform to be worn.

Again, i couldnt imagine a soldier doing the same thing lol

But with that thought process, I should always side with the City or State because they pay my salary. We remain neutral then, and I've let countless people go just because the facts weren't there or I thought they needed a second chance.

Even though we are getting paid by the business, 99.9% of us have the mental capacity to realize this is temporary. I still would arrest the business owner if they broke the law and I'll still write the employees tickets if they break the law. Heck, Officer have arrested employees while working these side jobs because they were out of line.

But with that thought process, I should always side with the City or State because they pay my salary. We remain neutral then, and I've let countless people go just because the facts weren't there or I thought they needed a second chance.

Even though we are getting paid by the business, 99.9% of us have the mental capacity to realize this is temporary. I still would arrest the business owner if they broke the law and I'll still write the employees tickets if they break the law. Heck, Officer have arrested employees while working these side jobs because they were out of line.
Guess what, you do side with the city or state technically lol

Im sure you.personally would be objective, please dont think im calling your integrity into question, but that is sentiment is not extended

Thing is i just see this as messed up. Leave the uniform at home and it erodes the argument you can buy police inthis country. It is troubling folks dont have an issue with this imo

Guess what, you do side with the city or state technically lol

Im sure you.personally would be objective, please dont think im calling your integrity into question, but that is sentiment is not extended

Thing is i just see this as messed up. Leave the uniform at home and it erodes the argument you can buy police inthis country. It is troubling folks dont have an issue with this imo

Not all case are against the state, over half my calls are person against person. That is a broad statement to think that all we care about is welfare of the state, or main concern is the public.

Secondly, you can buy anything you want in this country with enough money, ANYTHING. It may be sad but true, but my thing is y'all are panting it as some big tin foiled hat conspiracy. But really all it is are blue collared Americans trying to make a life. We had an officer get killed working a side job for $100 bucks at Waffle House. He didn't care about the what the corporations views were or what the business owner thought or wanted. All he wanted was an extra $100 just to make the week a little easier for him and his five kids.

And the only reason he was there was because that Waffle House had non-stop problems with drunks down the road. Problem like fights and shootings and DUIs. Stuff a normal flashlight security guard wouldn't touch with a 10ft pole.

Back
Top Bottom