• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

just saw world war z

I been waiting to see this movie. I hope it's as good as the book

The movie has nothing to do with the book other than sharing the same name.

I haven't read the book but everyone who has and has seen the movie confirms what bluethundra said, nothing really in common except the title.

Like I said earlier in the thread, I really enjoyed the movie. I'm one of those "zombie guys" anyway, but I was expecting to be disappointed. I was pleasantly surprised. In fact, my only real complaint is that the film was rated PG13 instead of R. When I watch a zombie movie, I want blood and gore! :) A lot of the graphic violence was suggested rather than depicted. Certainly tame compared to what you can see on AMC every Sunday night starting in October.

I haven't read the book but everyone who has and has seen the movie confirms what bluethundra said, nothing really in common except the title.

Like I said earlier in the thread, I really enjoyed the movie. I'm one of those "zombie guys" anyway, but I was expecting to be disappointed. I was pleasantly surprised. In fact, my only real complaint is that the film was rated PG13 instead of R. When I watch a zombie movie, I want blood and gore! :) A lot of the graphic violence was suggested rather than depicted. Certainly tame compared to what you can see on AMC every Sunday night starting in October.

I just went in with the attitude that it wasn't really an adaptation of the book, but rather just some random zombie movie. And I agree...the gore was definitely kept at a minimum. I thought they did a good job with the suspense and creepiness, however.

I just went and saw it over the weekend. It was a good zombie movie. Gore was minimal. I was a little irritated though that the hero was British and worked for the UN. It had little to nothing to do with the US (except there were some short scenes with cool Seals). it was the WHO not the CDC. Maybe I am just prejudice.

Back
Top Bottom