justice dept sues penn police over women fitness test

I just don't fit in with the politically correct, overly sensitive to the issue at hand crowd.

If your feelings get hurt very often, it's probably your own fault.

If being called fat hurts your feelings, I suggest that you go on a diet.

I just don't fit in with the politically correct, overly sensitive to the issue at hand crowd.

If your feelings get hurt very often, it's probably your own fault.

If being called fat hurts your feelings, I suggest that you go on a diet.
lol true

my concern is more about putting someone in a job that is physically demanding and then lowering the requirements just to fill a quota (hurray diversity)

my concern is making sure that the other person can do the work

Certainly doesn't surprise me. I recognize that women can't perform in the same way that men do, but fat and lazy isn't the answer.

You know what...I actually don't think it will make a difference. I used to be a cop. They make you pass the fitness test to get in and then pass one to exit the academy. But then after that...nothing. If they aren't going to impose fitness standards along the way, what does it matter what they can pass when they start off? In a couple years the officers are out of shape whether fat or not. Yea, some stay in shape, but it's on their own accord. I guess I consider the fitness standard to be generally irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

You know what...I actually don't think it will make a difference. I used to be a cop. They make you pass the fitness test to get in and then pass one to exit the academy. But then after that...nothing. If they aren't going to impose fitness standards along the way, what does it matter what they can pass when they start off? In a couple years the officers are out of shape whether fat or not. Yea, some stay in shape, but it's on their own accord. I guess I consider the fitness standard to be generally irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.
is that why there are fat police?

i thought yall had to do a test every 6 months or something?

is that why there are fat police?

i thought yall had to do a test every 6 months or something?

Not when I was there I didn't. But I left about 7 years ago or so, so it could have changed. But the entry test was just a formality IMO because once you past it you probably didn't have to take another one the rest of your career.

I worked for a utility com. when EEO came about. I worked with a woman who liked the ladies as much as I did, but she was six foot tall and WORKED hard, and I respected her for her work ethic. However they also put a little girl out there who could not carry a ladder, reach the pedals of the truck she was supposed to drive, and so had to be taken to and from her work site to start the day, go to lunch and back, and then picked up and brought back to our center. We had women who would trade sex for someone to do their job for them. They could not be fired or disciplined, now that is what was called Equal Opportunity.

Back
Top Bottom