• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Kayak/Camping!?!?!?!??!?

Toccoa River above Lake Blue Ridge. Put in at Deep Hole, take out at Shallowford Bridge. Overnight trip.

Toccoa River is great. We have some friends who have a place on the river in McCaysville and we will go tubing down the river with a cooler of beer and food for the day. It's a nice lazy river up there.

What kinda gear do you take? I am completely new to the Kayaking but not the camping. I was thinking about a bucket of dehydrated packs for food. A Yeti would be nice for some ice and beer lol and coffee's a must!!!!!!!! Any tip's on good dry pack's and other tip's in general? OH and how is the fishing!?!?!??!?
I use a 5 gallon bucket with a gamma seal lid. you can pick one up at home depot for a about $7. As much as I hate to say it a cooler full of ice cold be isn't a practical option on a two day kayak trip. I usually take my 14' old towm if I wanna camp and have beer.

Attachments

• 814U83aBlmL._SL1500_.jpg
    814U83aBlmL._SL1500_.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 33
We went for our friends birthday, she wanted to go to the link below. I was not looking forward to it but it was a blast. Water was mostly slow, but there were some quick spots. Nothing crazy, but we took our time.

http://www.thesandbarbroadriver.com/

Lol yeah i live up that way, i meant the place called "slow water" and the sandbar is great, did you go to the restaurant?

I use a 5 gallon bucket with a gamma seal lid. you can pick one up at home depot for a about $7. As much as I hate to say it a cooler full of ice cold be isn't a practical option on a two day kayak trip. I usually take my 14' old towm if I wanna camp and have beer.

Do you take a **** in that?

Haha, I thought you were asking if the water was slow. No brought our own food and beer. Maybe we'll have to try out slow water next time.

Lol yeah that is the one where they have concerts/parties a lot its right off Hwy29 past Georgia Poultry, there is another off wildcat bridge rd/281 its called broad river outpost i think. yeah the sandbar has some good food and of course cold beer ;)

Back
Top Bottom