• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Kayak/Camping!?!?!?!??!?

How well does that seal?
very well. there is a rubber gasket on the ring, and that ring snaps tight onto your bucket, once you put it on it ain't coming off ever. then you have the lid that now threads into the top of your bucket and it has a rubber gasket as well. a 5 gallon bucket can hold alot of gear and what's great about is you can set your life jacket on it and it doubles as a camp chair.

very well. there is a rubber gasket on the ring, and that ring snaps tight onto your bucket, once you put it on it ain't coming off ever. then you have the lid that now threads into the top of your bucket and it has a rubber gasket as well. a 5 gallon bucket can hold alot of gear and what's great about is you can set your life jacket on it and it doubles as a camp chair.

I'm looking at it for another use.....I'm thinking it will make for a good stainless steel tumbler.

What kinda gear do you take? I am completely new to the Kayaking but not the camping. I was thinking about a bucket of dehydrated packs for food. A Yeti would be nice for some ice and beer lol and coffee's a must!!!!!!!! Any tip's on good dry pack's and other tip's in general?

OH and how is the fishing!?!?!??!?

If you're set for camping then you're set for a canoe trip. You can pack heavy in a canoe if you want. Plenty of cooler room. I'm taking mountain house dry this time but you could pack fresh food. It's not like backpacking you don't count ounces that you'll have to carry.

We also caught the biggest catfish I've ever seen with a hotdog on a treble hook on some paracord tied to a tree in Etowah. I'm not big on fishing but that thing had to some kind of record or has morphed into one over the years in my brain.

We also caught the biggest catfish I've ever seen with a hotdog on a treble hook on some paracord tied to a tree in Etowah. I'm not big on fishing but that thing had to some kind of record or has morphed into one over the years in my brain.
I always take hotdogs when I camp on the river, there extremely easy, taste great cooked over the fire, and make excellent fish bait. I usually take some good quality hotdogs, trail mix, and beef jerky. I don't like taking anything that requires cooking. If i'm going to cook something it will be fresh fish. Just a personal preference.

Hey I'm new to this kayak and camping thing. Can y'all give me some ideas on what to get and how to go about packing for it? Any and all help & info (also pics) will be greatly appreciated...:D

Talking Rock creek. I've done that trip a few times. Starts at the bridge on Hwy 136 ends at Carters lake. Its been 15+ years since I was there, ask anyone at a paddeling store and you should get low down. Total trip is 18 miles. one full day and one !/2 day. Great sandy beach across from a 50-70 foot cliff to camp and swim. Its worth looking at.

Hard to find longer trips for a loaded canoe. We did the French Broad river in N.C. it is still floatable this late. Kayaks are tough for camping... I use a Hydra-17 and still strap a 5-gallon bucket on top. It has a rudder to maneuver.

Back
Top Bottom