• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Kayak Fishing Thread

I have never fished the Etowah. Bet it’s a blast. Check out Ga Kayak fishing group on FB tons of folks fish the etowah and meet up. Matter of fact that’s a great group in general

7E5C2395-B407-4489-BAE6-ED2ABA5412CB.jpeg
My buddy hooked onto a northern pike yesterday on Lake Champlain.

Set up a pair of old town Dirago's about 8 years ago for fishing, there were very few fishing kayaks on the market at that time. I have fished most of NW Georgia's Rivers. The Coosawatte is my favorite but only one boat ramp, makes it a real chore to get in and out. Mainly fish the Etowah these days, nothing compares to being jet propelled, hooking into a 20 lb plus fish! Anyone wants to meet up, drop me a pm, I have a total of 4 kayaks now, if you don't have your own I can help out!

My buddy who was with me who caught the pike usually fishes out of a very expensive boat. I think I sold him a kayak. Lol. He said this is unbelievable due to accessibility of fishing spots he couldn’t get to with his boat.

For you north ga guys......
My wife booked us a cabin in blue ridge for the week of the 4th of July. Any suggestions for family friendly (no major rapids) creeks and rivers to kayak? I'd like to trout fish a bit while I'm up there as well. Any and all recommendations are appreciated. We have 2 families going with a few brand new kayak pilots in the bunch.

For you north ga guys......
My wife booked us a cabin in blue ridge for the week of the 4th of July. Any suggestions for family friendly (no major rapids) creeks and rivers to kayak? I'd like to trout fish a bit while I'm up there as well. Any and all recommendations are appreciated. We have 2 families going with a few brand new kayak pilots in the bunch.

The Toccoa River is just outside of town off of 575. The outfitter below the dam will drop you off for a fee. Easy paddle to Curtiss Switch. Maybe 3 hours. Great fishing along the way.

Finished my last day up on Lake Champlain today. Man, what a place. I caught so many fish I stopped counting! My Favorite species to catch are :
Big Perch, White Perch, LM Bass, and the Rock Bass really hit hard up here.

Back
Top Bottom