• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Kidnapping

SafeCracka

Hen of Fame Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
341   0
Reaction score
My wife had a nightmare last night that someone was trying to steal our 2 1/2 year-old lil girl from a store, I guess they wouldn't give her back and were trying to leave the store with her.... we were fighting some large gorilla size man while waiting on the police to arrive.

(again this is in a nightmare)

When she told me about it this AM..... I said that would never happen because the second he was trying to leave the store with her, I would have toe tagged his ass.

My question is: if someone was trying to steel your child would it be justifiable to use lethal force?

And the answer is......

"Code section 16 -3-21 says that you can use deadly force if you reasonably believe it's necessary to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.

What is the definition of a "forcible felony" you ask?

See 16-1-3.

It's a felony (more than 12 months possible sentence) that has the threat of, or use of, physical force or violence.

I can't think of any way to commit a kidnapping without either using (1) physical force (pushing, shoving, grabbing, carrying) or (2) threats of violence that cause the victim to meekly submit and walk where here she is told to.

Either way, you've got a green light to fill that kidnapper with lead.

But, you better be sure it's really a kidnapping in progress. What if you had a situation where your kid wandered off away from you and some kindly stranger picked her up and was helping her find her parents, carrying her toward where he saw a woman some distance away that he thought was the child's mom?

Don't jump to conclusions."

Thanks again @GAgunLAWbooklet

My wife had a nightmare last night that someone was trying to steal our 2 1/2 year-old lil girl from a store, I guess they wouldn't give her back and were trying to leave the store with her.... we were fighting some large gorilla size man while waiting on the police to arrive.

When she told me about it this AM..... I said that would never happen because the second he was trying to leave the store with her, I would have toe tagged his ass.

My question is: if someone was trying to steel your child would it be justifiable to use lethal force?
Yes absolutely.

take a pic with that cool knife

Back
Top Bottom