• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Killboy - Deals Gap

14409389_10154587055738140_232391415882334392_o.jpg

I hate the Gap. I love the area, but too many people who don't have the skills(2 and 4 wheel types) go up there and get in over their heads... Too many times I have been just cruising through at the speed limit, and I come around a bend and there is someone coming at me in my lane because they couldn't make the turn and ran really wide...

There are better roads up there... Much better roads with a lot less traffic and "incidents"... haha

I hate the Gap. I love the area, but too many people who don't have the skills(2 and 4 wheel types) go up there and get in over their heads... Too many times I have been just cruising through at the speed limit, and I come around a bend and there is someone coming at me in my lane because they couldn't make the turn and ran really wide...

There are better roads up there... Much better roads with a lot less traffic and "incidents"... haha

yup lots of good roads up there that are a lot less crowded, me and the group I drive with normally prefer up around wolfs pen gap and other areas around blood mountain. lots of good areas to hit it up there

Richard Russell is fun, 60 from Suches to Morganton is good... 17/75 north of Helen up to Haiwasee is fun, then take 76 to Lake Burton and end up in Clayton... The Highlands are nice roads, or Hellbender up towards Fontana Lodge...

Richard Russell is fun, 60 from Suches to Morganton is good... 17/75 north of Helen up to Haiwasee is fun, then take 76 to Lake Burton and end up in Clayton... The Highlands are nice roads, or Hellbender up towards Fontana Lodge...

yup, our normal route is take 60 towards suches and then we get onto 180(wolfs pen gap rd) to 19 and then take 19 back down. will have to check out a couple of those other routes

Back
Top Bottom