• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Killboy - Deals Gap

img_8383.jpg

Or a bunch of cruisers not being able to stay in their lanes. ;)

This. haha

Actually most of the cruisers I see up there are ok... Most go the speed limit and when they see a sportbike behind them chomping at the bit, most of them will wave you on by...

The times it is most annoying are when it is a larger group of Harleys, and for some reason a lot of HD riders still seem like they learned to ride from watching old CHIPs episodes, where they have to ride side by side, which apart from being unsafe for them, makes them harder to pass...

I never understood why they ride like that... I mean if you are doing 10mph in a parade down main street, yeah... but not on the open road... Staggered formation is always the better, safer way to ride...

This. haha

Actually most of the cruisers I see up there are ok... Most go the speed limit and when they see a sportbike behind them chomping at the bit, most of them will wave you on by...

The times it is most annoying are when it is a larger group of Harleys, and for some reason a lot of HD riders still seem like they learned to ride from watching old CHIPs episodes, where they have to ride side by side, which apart from being unsafe for them, makes them harder to pass...

I never understood why they ride like that... I mean if you are doing 10mph in a parade down main street, yeah... but not on the open road... Staggered formation is always the better, safer way to ride...

Ha
A couple years ago we were driving the Cherola skyway in the wifes beetle

We kept catching up to bikes and Mrs roundhouse would pull over and let them go on down the road , wait for a few minutes with no traffic and pull back out and hit the skinny pedal
Here is a turbo diesel 5 speed
So when a bike got right on her azz, she'd put it in 5th and floor it ,
When the black smoke cleared ,the biker would usually back off quite a bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha
A couple years ago we were driving the Cherola skyway in the wires beetle

We kept catching up to bikes and Mrs roundhouse would pull over and let them go on down the road , wait for a few minutes with no traffic and pull back out and hit the skinny pedal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, same thing happened to us when my wife had a Mini Cooper S and we went to the Dragon... We kept getting stuck behind bikes that couldn't handle the turns, so we would pull off when we could and let a gap build up...

I have almost been taken out several times on the Gap from a big cruiser not able to make the turn and ending up in my lane, its one of the reasons I tend to stay off that section of road now... I have done it several times, I can say I went there... but there are so many roads up there that are actually more fun... I like heading down 129 past the power plant and following the river, that's a nice one... The Cherahola is great to go quick on... I love 28 from Deals Gap Resort, down to Fontana, and then out towards Franklin... Actually, there is a kickass little French cafe, tucked in behind a gas station in Franklin, amazing food, great place to stop when you are up there...

We do go up to Deal's Gap every September, for my wife to partake of the annual Women's Sportbike Rally... They usually get about 40-50 women, a lot of them bring their husbands, boyfriends and stuff... Usually go up for 3 or 4 days, its a pretty good time. If you have a chic that rides, tell her to check it out.

Back
Top Bottom