Killboy - Deals Gap

What year FZ1? I had a 2007, had exhaust, brake lines, new rotors, CRG levers, frame sliders, HyperPro steering damper, 520 conversion, Traxxion AK20 forks, Penske race shock, PCIII and custom tune, LARS airbox mod and some other goodies. Loved that bike, miss it!

Considering the new FZ10...
I rode with a guy on an FZ10 the other day. He really likes it. smooth bike and comfortable. I have the superduke as I like the v-twin and like the looks. both of them are "love them or hate them" kinda style.

I'm in for a ride. I.P. Freely I.P. Freely nice V-strom. Another rider friend of mine bought that same color a year or so ago (sold his FZ-09 after some issues with it) and loves the thing. great color and good looking bike. I know most of the good roads in the areas we are talking about.
And I think I mentioned it but I have a ton of good riding gear for sale in the classifieds. just search for "shoei", "dainese", "tourmaster", etc and you'll find it. summer, winter, street and dirt gear.

If you head over to SC on 85, just as soon as you get in the state take the first exit. Check on the map and you catch Highway 28 (Moonshiners) at Seneca, from there you can take it all the way to deals gap. The only real traffic we hit was in the Highlands area with a stop In Franklin for lunch. Once at Deals Gap we turned South to Robbinsville. I have been up and down the Dragon a few times and got the T-shirt and have lost interest in risking my life dodging reckless people on the Dragon. Cherohala Skyway is much nicer ride. Anyways, running the full length of 28 is a very enjoyable ride. and you can make the short detour to Fontana Dam if you choose to do so. Fair warning, the temps at the top of the Cherohala will be much different then what they are at the bottom. In early spring and late fall dress accordingly. I have been up there with ice on the trees, when it was light jacket weather at the lower elevations.

Yep
The road from walhalla to highlands is an awesome road with very little traffic

And every side road around highlands is awesome since they are so curvy

Been there plenty
Mrs roundhouses father grew up just outside highlands on a farm that got electricity in 1959

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I rode with a guy on an FZ10 the other day. He really likes it. smooth bike and comfortable. I have the superduke as I like the v-twin and like the looks. both of them are "love them or hate them" kinda style.

I'm in for a ride. I.P. Freely I.P. Freely nice V-strom. Another rider friend of mine bought that same color a year or so ago (sold his FZ-09 after some issues with it) and loves the thing. great color and good looking bike. I know most of the good roads in the areas we are talking about.
And I think I mentioned it but I have a ton of good riding gear for sale in the classifieds. just search for "shoei", "dainese", "tourmaster", etc and you'll find it. summer, winter, street and dirt gear.

What year super duke?

IMG_0815.JPG
From a couple years ago...

don't know him? does he have one? I've seen on forums a few other 1290 riders around but haven't met any. Got mine about 4 months ago (bought it used with about 1k miles on it).

the 990 motors and bikes are very nice. I have ridden most of the versions (SMR, SM, SD, SE, ADV) and love my 950 Super Enduro. great combo IMHO for dirt and street (the SE and SD-R).

Back
Top Bottom