• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Killboy - Deals Gap

Hmmmm.....shake my head....

146_0706_08_z+random_crashes+rear_view.jpg

Exactly, I see that happen every time I go on that road... Sometimes it is a car in my lane...

Too many people that don't have the skills, trying to earn bragging rights and getting in over their heads.

No thanks.

With that being said, it would be fun to get a big group of ODT's on their motorcycles and make a ride on the Cherahola Skyway and Deals Gap before summertime and all the squids, cruisers and car clubs start taking over.

Ready to ride and armed, lol.....

IMG_20161114_153518663.jpg

With that being said, it would be fun to get a big group of ODT's on their motorcycles and make a ride on the Cherahola Skyway and Deals Gap before summertime and all the squids, cruisers and car clubs start taking over.

Ready to ride and armed, lol.....

View attachment 991290
I'm in. I'll ride my FZ1 so I will only be half squid.

Throwback to that time I rode 5 hours in the February cold and rain all alone to ride the dragon and get a shirt... Shoulda checked the dang website before leaving.

image.jpeg

I'm in. I'll ride my FZ1 so I will only be half squid.

What year FZ1? I had a 2007, had exhaust, brake lines, new rotors, CRG levers, frame sliders, HyperPro steering damper, 520 conversion, Traxxion AK20 forks, Penske race shock, PCIII and custom tune, LARS airbox mod and some other goodies. Loved that bike, miss it!

Considering the new FZ10...

What year FZ1? I had a 2007, had exhaust, brake lines, new rotors, CRG levers, frame sliders, HyperPro steering damper, 520 conversion, Traxxion AK20 forks, Penske race shock, PCIII and custom tune, LARS airbox mod and some other goodies. Loved that bike, miss it!

Considering the new FZ10...

2005. I have a 2001 ZX7R also so the FZ1 feels like a new luxury vehicle in comparison.

If you head over to SC on 85, just as soon as you get in the state take the first exit. Check on the map and you catch Highway 28 (Moonshiners) at Seneca, from there you can take it all the way to deals gap. The only real traffic we hit was in the Highlands area with a stop In Franklin for lunch. Once at Deals Gap we turned South to Robbinsville. I have been up and down the Dragon a few times and got the T-shirt and have lost interest in risking my life dodging reckless people on the Dragon. Cherohala Skyway is much nicer ride. Anyways, running the full length of 28 is a very enjoyable ride. and you can make the short detour to Fontana Dam if you choose to do so. Fair warning, the temps at the top of the Cherohala will be much different then what they are at the bottom. In early spring and late fall dress accordingly. I have been up there with ice on the trees, when it was light jacket weather at the lower elevations.

Back
Top Bottom