• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Kinetic bullet puller recs

I had one. Key word "had". I'm sure after I order one it'll show up. :rolleyes:

So what kind to get? I'd rather order once. (Until I lose it and have to order another).
I've owned several RCBS over the years. All of them will eventually break. I currently have a Frankfort Arsenal (Midway) that has worked as well as the RCBS & was cheaper.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

You'll end up with a press-mounted one too. The RCBS one (for your press), that uses the collets, well, it works for some things and on some it just can't pull them. (Lead TC bullets in like .40 S&W? Forget about it.... not happening. So if there is a better press-mounted puller suggestion, buy it over the RCBS.

There's a minimalistic thingy for your press too. Remove the die, and it's basically just a pair of pliers you use to grab the bullet, then pull the handle to pull the case away from the bullet. I have two of them, and they don't grip the bullet tight enough to work for me. Vise-grips do the same thing, though they destroy the bullet.

You'll end up with a press-mounted one too. The RCBS one (for your press), that uses the collets, well, it works for some things and on some it just can't pull them. (Lead TC bullets in like .40 S&W? Forget about it.... not happening. So if there is a better press-mounted puller suggestion, buy it over the RCBS.

There's a minimalistic thingy for your press too. Remove the die, and it's basically just a pair of pliers you use to grab the bullet, then pull the handle to pull the case away from the bullet. I have two of them, and they don't grip the bullet tight enough to work for me. Vise-grips do the same thing, though they destroy the bullet.
I have one (also "somewhere") but I'd like to save these bullets. They weren't cheap and somebody hopefully can use them.

Back
Top Bottom