• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

KITCHEN REMODEL AND USING SAWZALL TO REMOVE WALLS...

bikeboy636

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
14   0
Reaction score
I DO NOT HAVE ANY CONSTRUCTION BACKGROUND AT ALL... I HAVE A FEW TOOLS AND A VERY BASIC KNOWLEDGE DEALING WITH ANYTHING WOOD RELATED. THIS WAS THE PROCESS TODAY AFTER DINNER AND GETTING THE NEW APPLIANCES UP INTO THE NEW KITCHEN.
IMG_0791.JPG
IMG_0793.JPG
IMG_0794.JPG

You can get away with taking out much more load bearing stuff than you would imagine without any immediate consequences. But give it a few weeks/months and things are going to move drastically.

You obviously enough skills OP to do some stuff. Go up in your attic and see which way the joist are running above that wall. Pay particular attention to rather or not they are spliced over that wall. It looks like the joist ma span the whole room just on the other side of the corner there. If that's the case you're probably fine.

VERY GOOD ADVISE GUYS... I HAVE CHECKED WITH THE CONTRACTOR THAT WAS HIRED TO DO THE CONSTRUCTION(ME DOING THE DEMOLITION) AND WE BOTH CHECKED THE JOIST RUNNING SIDE TO SIDE. HE ADVISED THIS WAS NOT A LOAD BEARING WALL SO HERE WE ARE. IF ALL ELSE FAILS I WILL HAVE A NICE PINE LOG INSTALLED AS A BRACE AFTER THE GRANITE TOP IS SET. EITHER WAY GUY I THANK YOU FOR LOOKING OUT FOR ME. :pop2:

Back
Top Bottom