Knife Set for Birthday Gift

Status
Not open for further replies.

CliffB

Default rank <4500 posts
ODT Junkie!
74   0
Reaction score
My wife is a home chef and since marrying me has become a knife enthusiast. I'd like to get her a nice 3-5 piece set for the kitchen that is as aesthetic as it is functional. This niche of knives is out of my wheelhouse so I am hoping for suggestions. Looking to land between $300-700 and have 3-5 knives including at least a chef's knife, a pairing knife, and a carving knife. I'm leaning more towards a Japanese style or something with a hammered or Damascus blade as that is her visual preference.

I've been browsing KnifeWorks, TheForgedBlade and SharpKnifeShop but other suggestions of places to look would be appreciated.

Not trying to be negative, but if you are looking for custom forged and/or damascus blades, you'll need to adjust your price range. They are typically going to run you $300+ per blade. Bigger blades - chefs and carvers will be more. I make quite a few, but it would be well into next year before I could even start on them. More to making a quality chef's style blade than meets the eye, lot of finesse work involved.

Not trying to be negative, but if you are looking for custom forged and/or damascus blades, you'll need to adjust your price range. They are typically going to run you $300+ per blade. Bigger blades - chefs and carvers will be more. I make quite a few, but it would be well into next year before I could even start on them. More to making a quality chef's style blade than meets the eye, lot of finesse work involved.
I'll be honest, I'm sure one off Damascus knives are superior but places like BladeHQ have Japanese Damascus and hammered chef's knives with stellar reviews for $300 max. I feel like you may have misunderstood the question and price point I was specifically asking about. A nice Japanese knife set from an online retailer would be more than sufficient as an upgrade from her current Costco knives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom