• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Knights armament… wtf

I have an LWRC because, sigh, I like the way it looks.
I have a BCM because I never had one before. I tried it, like it.
I have two Colts because of their heritage. Have KAC parts on the Socom.
I have an Aero because I built it with my son.
I have a pre-Freedom Group Bushmaster that's just plain sexy.

Never operated. Never will. Just having fun. I will say I wandered in the "Poverty" arena for a number of years and had a blast.

20230129_002346.png

I mean… some of us just enjoy them. It’s the same reason people spend $400 on a bottle of wine, or 20k on a Rolex, or $1500 on a bottle of bourbon, or $700 on a pair of shoes. Does the performance increase (and there is one, negligible as it may be) justify 2x-3x the price of a regular, high tier ar? Almost certainly not. But are they appreciating in value at a rate above most stocks/precious metals? Yup. They have a military top tier lineage, the legacy of being tweaked by the creator of the ar system, and scarcity of not being able to keep up with demand.

Everyone has that thing they spend money they know doesn’t make sense on just to make them happy. For some of us it’s knights. If I miss my mortgage, it’s a problem. Until then, it’s a hobby.

You don’t have to buy them (please don’t), but don’t be upset when we do. Trust me. We know the cans aren’t worth 3500, the uppers aren’t worth 3k, and the complete rifles in 5.56 and 7.62 aren’t worth 4500-7500 respectively. Same as a peq isn’t worth 2500. When you want something and it’s not relatively available, you pay the price or you don’t want it enough.

Don’t shame me for how I spend my money, and I won’t inquire on how you spend yours. It’s ok to buy stuff juuuuust cause you like it. Doesn’t have to make sense. This is a hobby for 99.9% of us. When the gun you bought on odt is the difference between life/death, be sure to let me know, please.

Attachments

• 1B687442-2676-45E8-84CC-AF17156DBC61.jpeg
    1B687442-2676-45E8-84CC-AF17156DBC61.jpeg
    577 KB · Views: 25
  • 3DCE823A-8D4D-4DCC-9A82-E2EB05609EE8.jpeg
    3DCE823A-8D4D-4DCC-9A82-E2EB05609EE8.jpeg
    501.1 KB · Views: 27
  • D1AEE95B-666A-4731-9FBD-13B962B21AA4.jpeg
    D1AEE95B-666A-4731-9FBD-13B962B21AA4.jpeg
    143.3 KB · Views: 24
  • A72A5339-E20C-4542-9520-8488B535112C.jpeg
    A72A5339-E20C-4542-9520-8488B535112C.jpeg
    378.1 KB · Views: 31
I mean… some of us just enjoy them. It’s the same reason people spend $400 on a bottle of wine, or 20k on a Rolex, or $1500 on a bottle of bourbon, or $700 on a pair of shoes. Does the performance increase (and there is one, negligible as it may be) justify 2x-3x the price of a regular, high tier ar? Almost certainly not. But are they appreciating in value at a rate above most stocks/precious metals? Yup. They have a military top tier lineage, the legacy of being tweaked by the creator of the ar system, and scarcity of not being able to keep up with demand.

Everyone has that thing they spend money they know doesn’t make sense on just to make them happy. For some of us it’s knights. If I miss my mortgage, it’s a problem. Until then, it’s a hobby.

You don’t have to buy them (please don’t), but don’t be upset when we do. Trust me. We know the cans aren’t worth 3500, the uppers aren’t worth 3k, and the complete rifles in 5.56 and 7.62 aren’t worth 4500-7500 respectively. Same as a peq isn’t worth 2500. When you want something and it’s not relatively available, you pay the price or you don’t want it enough.

Don’t shame me for how I spend my money, and I won’t inquire on how you spend yours. It’s ok to buy stuff juuuuust cause you like it. Doesn’t have to make sense. This is a hobby for 99.9% of us. When the gun you bought on odt is the difference between life/death, be sure to let me know, please.
I could care less what you own. To each his own. I truly wish everyone was rich. Some people aren't that's just life. Old fashion luck has a lot to do with it. Everything in my possession is paid for. House, cars, guns and no cards. I am doing just fine.

Nice guns buy the way. They are black and they have triggers. They'll work.

I never understood the infatuation with KAC. When I was doing some prototyping of a rifle for the Army's C-SASS contract, someone sent me a KAC test target for their SASS. It was 2-3 moa. Not very impressive, to say the least. And, IIRC, it was with M118LR ammo (the really good stuff).

The same here...

I was part of a training team about 10 years ago, where we had 10 KAC 110, SASS rifles to zero before they were going overseas. NONE of them could consistently hit a 800 meter target. On the other hand, we had about a dozen M14 EBR rifles and they all performed exceptionally well, I was hitting targets out to 1100 meters, and could make head shots on the 800 meter target. I was completely unimpressed with the 110 SASS rifles. I don't hate KAC, but I'm not going to buy one of their rifles, that's for sure.

Back
Top Bottom