• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

know your rights ...... be a free man

Honestly, why would anybody be out at night taking pictures of a Federal building with his smartphone because he was interested in Architecture? The guy is an idiot and would have done well for himself to comply with the law.

If I'm carrying, I'm producing my ID for the law. Chances are way better that I won't be molested for it.

Actually he did comply with the law which is why he was not arrested and left on his own accord. I would never do something like that but the reality is he was legit and he left without being detained. Dumb. Yea. But the "powers that be" have been spoiled drunk by what they can get away with. good to see someone test the borders IMO. I would have never said that 10 years ago but.....well enough is enough.

Last edited:
Not charged does not mean no crime was committed. Might just mean that the responding officer felt the guy was immature dweeb, and felt that just documenting the encounter would be sufficient.

Not charged does not mean no crime was committed. Might just mean that the responding officer felt the guy was immature dweeb, and felt that just documenting the encounter would be sufficient.

What crimes were possibly broken? I'm having a hard time coming up with anything personally. Your government has cameras overhead that can count the freckles on your forehead, it's ok fr them to take pictures without reason, why shouldn't this guy?

Of course, but as we both know those "charges" would have later been dropped, no matter what they were. My defense of this dude was vodka induced so please take my earlier postings with a grain of salt.

Your government has cameras overhead that can count the freckles on your forehead, it's ok for them to take pictures without reason, why shouldn't this guy?
Bingo

If his name isn't really John Doe and told them that it was, isn't that a crime? I don't know for sure but thought I read it somewhere on here.

I think you can only be charged if you hinder an investigation. Since they did not have RAS then I don't believe it was an actual "investigation". I do think "giving a false name" is a charge. I think the key is if the LEO is in lawful discharge of his duties. Harassing a guy doing nothing illegal is not lawful discharge.

A helicopter? Really?

I am pro-LEO, I have two officers in my family. But come on, this was stupid.

And, I have worked nights before, so while the dude was probably just being a dick, I can understand being out at night. And if I am going to be out at night, I am definitely going to be carrying.

Regardless of what he did or didnt do

1. Just because someone calls PD on you doesnt mean youve committed a crime
2. Just because PD responds to call by questioning you doesnt mean you are obliqed to answer unless they are detaining you under suspicion of committing a crime.

Its not dudes fault or PD, its these people who call police on every cricket chirp of a disturbance. Sometimes i like taking pictures at night.......cities and structures usually look better. Whether he intended a provocation doesnt matter. He did nothing wrong and the police were doing their job and it ended the way it should.......he was free to go because he had done nothing illegal

Back
Top Bottom